ECAs cost and transcripts cos

Old Mar 26th 2015, 1:39 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default ECAs cost and transcripts cos

So I have just started my application on WES and for both my undergrad and NVQ the assessment will cost $200 + tax and postage.

However when I looked at the cost to send my transcripts from my university (derby if anyone is interested). They want £20 for the transcripts and between £25-£31 to courier them across - that seems expensive to me.

I havnt even checked how much edExcel will want - I can't face it yet

How much did others pay for their transcripts to be sent?

Also are the uni's/exam boards pretty good about putting the reference number and sending them to the right location as my dread would be them messing up and then expecting you to pay again?
Old Mar 26th 2015, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECAs cost and transcripts cos

I had to email my uni several times to make sure they did it right. Their website has an online store and there was no way to list a different address than the billing one, so I ended up in contact with someone personally from their office to make sure they would put the reference number in. I think that it helped as they just wanted to stop me from contacting them so much!

My transcript was £20, and they didn't ask for anything for the postage (Honors degree from Brighton). I think it took around 11 days to arrive from there to WES.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 8:21 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

I will definitely be phoning them. I have already emailed my uni to check they have sent stuff to WES before. I would much rather do this over the phone then online.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

I had a pretty painless experience with the Universities of Reading & Bristol, Reading knew exactly what to do straight away and Bristol just took 1 email to sort it. I paid a tenner to Bristol for it and Reading did everything for free, so that was nice
Old Mar 26th 2015, 11:51 pm
Bex in the city

Just derby then - trying to get as much money out of people as possible.

I checked Edexcel and they want £43-£63 to send it as I have to order a replacement certificate and they send everything off.
Old Mar 30th 2015, 6:37 pm
Kelowna newbies July 15

Beckie and Morgan UK is an unknown quantity at this point

I used Leeds Beckett university twice and they didn't charge me for sending my certificates and transcripts for my Degree and Foundation Degree to ICES and ICAS.
I had to use the examination board CACHE to get my Diploma and transcript sent and they charge me £48 and I needed this twice so £96 total. They weren't as easy as the university but I got there after a few phone calls as I got s voicemail from CACHE one day saying "everything's find your paperwork has been sent to WES" I was like argh no I'm using ICAS! Turned out person just said wrong company but had sent to the correct one!