ECA, Qualifications & Immigration

Old Apr 12th 2020, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Dougahole is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECA, Qualifications & Immigration

Hi everyone. I'm trying to piece together my immigration application to Alberta. I'm looking for some info on the eca's and my qualifications. I have a Level 2 Diploma in Horticulture (City & guilds 2 yr Apprenticeship) a Lantra Qualification in Horticulture, Functional skills level 2 maths and english (grade C equivalent) A Level 2 diploma in Basic Plumbing studies (city & guilds 1 yr) Level 3 NVQ in Leisure Management, and a few other lantra and city & guilds qualifications, Pa1pa6a pesticide licence, woodchipper certificate, ride on lawnmower certificate.

I've emailed city and guilds for a transcript for my level 2 in horticulture as that's my chosen trade. Can anyone tell me what it's equivalent to in Canada (Alberta)? I'd have guessed Canadian Post-secondary degree or diploma that took at least two-years but I'm still not sure.

I'm aware that my other qualifications/ certificates won't be checked for ECAs as they are short term courses for certificates. Despite that, are they worth anything at all in Canada? Thanks.

Last edited by Dougahole; Apr 12th 2020 at 9:11 am.
Old Apr 12th 2020, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Frazzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ECA, Qualifications & Immigration

I was under the impression that for ECA purposes NVQs/vocational courses such as city and guilds cannot be assessed.
I found this whilst trying to get an ECA for my Carpentry NVQ... It was very disappointing.