Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which ECA organization would you recommend?

Which ECA organization would you recommend?

Old Feb 2nd 2015, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Which ECA organization would you recommend?

Hello,

Just looking into getting my education qualifications assessed for Express Entry. Just wondering whether anybody could give me any experiences they've had with the organizations that do this?

The prices are all more or less the same for the normal service, so that doesn't really sway me one way or the other. However, ICAS is stating their processing times are 15 weeks! Comparing this to WES, who say it will take 20 days... Which seems too good to be true! WES also seems much less demanding on what documentation they require.

Anyway, I'm sure a good handful of you have done this recently, with Express Entry opening up at the start of the year, so I'd love your opinions on which service they'd recommend!
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:16 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which ECA organization would you recommend?

Hi

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Hello,

Just looking into getting my education qualifications assessed for Express Entry. Just wondering whether anybody could give me any experiences they've had with the organizations that do this?

The prices are all more or less the same for the normal service, so that doesn't really sway me one way or the other. However, ICAS is stating their processing times are 15 weeks! Comparing this to WES, who say it will take 20 days... Which seems too good to be true! WES also seems much less demanding on what documentation they require.

Anyway, I'm sure a good handful of you have done this recently, with Express Entry opening up at the start of the year, so I'd love your opinions on which service they'd recommend!

1. Most applicants seem to use WES, as seems to be much faster.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Hello,

I used WES, was a flawless experience.

Once I received email confirmation that they had received transcripts from the Universities that I attended in the UK I expected a 20-day turnaround but had confirmation my report was completed 2 days after I received that email.
The following day I received my physical report since I'd paid the extra ~$20 for courier postage.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 7:30 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't tell me you have to get your sealed transcripts sent to them - I thought they accepted notarized copies? What about your certificates have they got to be mailed to them as well and/or do they have to be the originals or can they be notarized copies?

Also unless things have changed WES wont touch vocational qualifications. If anyone has an update on this please feel free to let me know as when I contacted them last year, they didnt take them
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

doubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the roughdoubleym is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Please don't tell me you have to get your sealed transcripts sent to them - I thought they accepted notarized copies? What about your certificates have they got to be mailed to them as well and/or do they have to be the originals or can they be notarized copies?

Also unless things have changed WES wont touch vocational qualifications. If anyone has an update on this please feel free to let me know as when I contacted them last year, they didnt take them
I had to send photocopies of my degree certificates directly to WES myself, and then have the universities send sealed, stamped copies of my transcripts directly to WES.

Not sure about vocational qualifications, I remember looking into having my Girlfriends NVQs assessed but it looked more hassle than it was worth for a few extra points in our EE profile.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:14 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doubleym
I had to send photocopies of my degree certificates directly to WES myself, and then have the universities send sealed, stamped copies of my transcripts directly to WES.

Not sure about vocational qualifications, I remember looking into having my Girlfriends NVQs assessed but it looked more hassle than it was worth for a few extra points in our EE profile.
Were they notarized copies of the degree certificates?

Reason I asked about the sealed transcripts was I was going to head back to the UK in the summer and get some copies from my university of my certificate and transcripts but would not have an EE profile at the time as I would be getting everything together but if the transcripts have to be sent directly from uni then may have to re-think it.

My NVQ is the qualification I use for my current job so I am guessing it will need to be assessed.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Were they notarized copies of the degree certificates?

Reason I asked about the sealed transcripts was I was going to head back to the UK in the summer and get some copies from my university of my certificate and transcripts but would not have an EE profile at the time as I would be getting everything together but if the transcripts have to be sent directly from uni then may have to re-think it.

My NVQ is the qualification I use for my current job so I am guessing it will need to be assessed.
No they weren't notarized copies, you might be able to get the transcripts put in a sealed envelope and then forward those on when it came time to get your ECA but I'd check with WES first.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the input! WES it is.
Old Feb 2nd 2015, 8:57 pm
Bex in the city

Just a heads up, it looks like WES will now assess vocational qualifications.

When you apply which package do you need to get is the top one for $245 for the transcripts - by confused as to the service you need. I'm guessing that is $245 per transcripts?

Sorry very confused with WES packages as the is one for CIC and one for immigration as well. I'm guessing the CIC one which is $200 per qualification???

Last edited by beckiwoo; Feb 2nd 2015 at 9:38 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2015, 4:34 am
Bex in the city

Sorry is anyone able to confirm which 'package' you need from WES for CIC - is it the one that is $200?

Is that $200 per qualification?
Old Feb 4th 2015, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Just a heads up, it looks like WES will now assess vocational qualifications.

When you apply which package do you need to get is the top one for $245 for the transcripts - by confused as to the service you need. I'm guessing that is $245 per transcripts?

Sorry very confused with WES packages as the is one for CIC and one for immigration as well. I'm guessing the CIC one which is $200 per qualification???
I paid for the one that's for Immigration, think it's listed as FSWP?
Old Feb 4th 2015, 1:28 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by doubleym
I paid for the one that's for Immigration, think it's listed as FSWP?
I think this is the one:

World Education Services : Fees

And it looks like it's $200 per qualification.

Need to think it would be better just to get my degree assessed rather then my diploma/NVQ but then the latter is more related to my job...

If it's just about the points then the degree would be better but will they be looking at my qualifications in regards to the job I am currently in?
Old Feb 5th 2015, 3:03 am
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe its changed but WES would not assess my NVQS
Old Feb 5th 2015, 7:32 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Maybe its changed but WES would not assess my NVQS

They assess vocational qualifications they have a heading called:

vocational and professional education btec diplomas and all other externally examined qualifications.

I have emailed them to enquire whether NVQs/QCFs are included but it has been 3 days and they have not got back to me yet
Old Feb 12th 2015, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

oldbootz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I'm sending of all the copies of my certificates to WES, do i need to inform the organisation that issued the certificates for WES to approve them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.