Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

ECA assessment, What should I send

ECA assessment, What should I send

Old Nov 5th 2020, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Steve90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ECA assessment, What should I send

For the EE application I am looking at trying to hit 135 CRS points for education with a Master's degree and also an additional 50 points for skills transferability with education.

I have looked at the link below to see what I need to complete the ECA assessment.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...essed/who.html

The site states for most cases you need to only give an assessment for the highest level of education.

But it further states:

When to get an assessment for 2 or more credentials

To get points for having 2 or more credentials, you need an assessment for each one.

To get full points for more than 1 credential, at least 1 of the credentials must be for 3 or more years of study.

The order that you complete your credentials does not affect points.
Should I only give the ECA for my Master's (1 year full time UK institution)

Or should I also run a ECA for the Bachelors degree (3 years Full time UK institution) so that I am showing 3 or more years as stated.

Just wanted to confirm whether it was better to get an ECA for both certificates or just needed the one?

I assume I would not need to provide any further education (e.g. secondary/High school)

Thanks in advance

Old Nov 6th 2020, 9:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECA assessment, What should I send

The 'two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' would give you less points anyway (119 versus the 126 for having a Masters). But personally I'd get both assessed, you don't pay any extra fee for having more credentials assessed by the ECA agency, so you may as well.

HTH.
Old Nov 29th 2020, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Steve90 is an unknown quantity at this point

So to update, I applied for an ECA via WES. I requested my university to send transcripts from both Bachelors and Masters degree and ensured I chose both within the WES application.

I have received back the ECA and it says that the Canadian equivalency is a master's degree which is fine, but it has no mention of the Bachelors degree that was sent over.

Is this still okay?
Old Nov 29th 2020, 4:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve90
So to update, I applied for an ECA via WES. I requested my university to send transcripts from both Bachelors and Masters degree and ensured I chose both within the WES application.

I have received back the ECA and it says that the Canadian equivalency is a master's degree which is fine, but it has no mention of the Bachelors degree that was sent over.

Is this still okay?
Yes, because you don't get any extra points for having a degree as well - a masters is worth more. So you'll get the full 126 points for the masters.

HTH.