Eca

Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Setayharas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eca

Hey,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before.
My husband has a diploma for Automotive Master Technicians Heavy Duty. This is from a 3 year college course.
I understand that we would get extra points if we got his education certified.

My question is, looking at the list of companies, is there a better option? Do they all do the same thing?

We have been using a consultant, but as they are useless and I want to get things moving at a normal pace, I figured it's best for me to start sorting things myself.

Thanks
Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eca

Originally Posted by Setayharas
Hey,

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before.
My husband has a diploma for Automotive Master Technicians Heavy Duty. This is from a 3 year college course.
I understand that we would get extra points if we got his education certified.

My question is, looking at the list of companies, is there a better option? Do they all do the same thing?

We have been using a consultant, but as they are useless and I want to get things moving at a normal pace, I figured it's best for me to start sorting things myself.

Thanks
You can't get an ECA for vocational qualifications, what you need to do for extra points is get provincial certification instead. Assume you're planning on applying under FST?

Oh, and if your consultants are useless, then get rid and get a refund!
Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the really quick reply, we are waiting to hear back from our challenge for the certificate of qualification.

It seems with our Ielts scores which we have done and hubby's certificate of qualification we score 290. The last FST draw was in the 300's I believe so trying to scrap some more points
Thought and ECA would be the answer.

Definitely getting rid of the consultant!

​​​​​​
​​​
Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the really quick reply, we are waiting to hear back from our challenge for the certificate of qualification.​​​
Ah, fab.

The last FST draw was in the 300's I believe so trying to scrap some more points
Thought and ECA would be the answer.​​​
Definitely worth doing, for both of you, even if you only get points for secondary education. Every little helps! Do send off the mechanic qualification as well just in case, but it wouldn't usually be worth any points.

Best of luck.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 6:39 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! I'll get that done asap and then keep my fingers crossed for low scoring rounds in the future.

Is there a better company to submit documents to, or are they all very much like for like?