Early RCMP check

Old Aug 19th 2004, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

dextroyer is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Early RCMP check

Hello, I've read in some posts where some people recommend doing the RCMP fingerprint check before the embassy asks for it to save time.

Can you do that? if so, how? the embassy instructions say that you should wait for specific instructions on how to proceed when it comes to the RCMP check.

I just got my AOR about a month ago, I am in Canada and have been here under a student visa for 3+ years. Should I request the finger print check from the RCMP even though I haven't even gotten the IA and the embassy has not given me the instruction to do so?

and again can you just request your fingerprint check for immigration without any document from the ebassy asking for it?

Thank you!
Old Aug 20th 2004, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

SamJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Early RCMP check

If you are a federal applicant, it would probably better to wait at least til the initial assessment. The risk with getting your RCMP PC too early is that it might expire before your application is finalized and you could be asked to submit a new one.

Hope this helps
Sam
Old Aug 20th 2004, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

charmer6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Early RCMP check

wait -

i am also a student since the last 3 years - and just received my IA. In that they had not asked me to get an RCMP clearance. I got a standard form with a lot of optional points. In that the "The applicant needs to get a clearance from the following countries" option was not ticked. Therefore it cant be that they missed sending the RCMP clearance request to me. All but one other colleague who had applied with me, with similar qualifications had received the same IA letter with the RCMP clearance clearly mentioned on the letter.

Originally Posted by dextroyer
Hello, I've read in some posts where some people recommend doing the RCMP fingerprint check before the embassy asks for it to save time.

Can you do that? if so, how? the embassy instructions say that you should wait for specific instructions on how to proceed when it comes to the RCMP check.

I just got my AOR about a month ago, I am in Canada and have been here under a student visa for 3+ years. Should I request the finger print check from the RCMP even though I haven't even gotten the IA and the embassy has not given me the instruction to do so?

and again can you just request your fingerprint check for immigration without any document from the ebassy asking for it?

Thank you!