Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Early 2006 Finalization process...!!!

Early 2006 Finalization process...!!!

Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough
Default Early 2006 Finalization process...!!!

What does "early 2006 finalization process" mean? How early is that? January, february or march?

I emailed Buffalo and no reply so far, but based on previous posts here I assume I am in the same boat. I am Aug 2004 AOR, and BFD Nov. 30 2005. Is there any specific email that I can try again to see if my visa is on hold as well?

Thanks

MadHatters
Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:31 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Early 2006 Finalization process...!!!

It doesn't really mean anything, just a generic reply to status requests in cases waiting for conclusion of background/security check. "Early 2006" may be anything, may go into 2007 too. All depends from how many pre-2002 cases Buffalo is obligated to complete by middle of 2006.

Originally Posted by MadHatters
What does "early 2006 finalization process" mean? How early is that? January, february or march?

I emailed Buffalo and no reply so far, but based on previous posts here I assume I am in the same boat. I am Aug 2004 AOR, and BFD Nov. 30 2005. Is there any specific email that I can try again to see if my visa is on hold as well?

Thanks

MadHatters
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough

It does not make sense to say early 2006 then. They should say mid 2006, late 2006 or 2006. I don't think they would say something without any support.

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It doesn't really mean anything, just a generic reply to status requests in cases waiting for conclusion of background/security check. "Early 2006" may be anything, may go into 2007 too. All depends from how many pre-2002 cases Buffalo is obligated to complete by middle of 2006.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:56 am
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

It does not make sense to say early 2006 then. They should say mid 2006, late 2006 or 2006. I don't think they would say something without any support.
When I emailed them for a status report on my application in mid-June, they answered that "You should be hearing from us shortly."

Got my med requests Oct. 8, 3.5 months later...
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:58 am

All of you guys and gals who are receiving said letter have the same problem - you read too much into it.

Letter clearly states that "Your application for permanent residence will be reviewed for finalization early 2006." - it doesn't mean that case will be finalized in early 2006, it means that application will only be reviewed to see if it is ready for final decision, nothing more. Once it is determined that yes then final decision will be made and passport request will be mailed only if visas at that time are still available for the then current year.

Old Oct 16th 2005, 2:18 pm
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough

The only thing I don't understand is how come Buffalo CIC ran out of quota for SW so early this year! People ususally still receive PPR in Nov. but seems not the case this year.

Last edited by bubbleface; Oct 16th 2005 at 2:25 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 5:38 pm

Nobody is saying that Buffalo run out of visas. There are applicants who still receive their passport requests even now. The letter we are talking about is the response to some of those who sent lately status request lately. it is not a letter being sent to everybody.

Originally Posted by bubbleface
The only thing I don't understand is how come Buffalo CIC ran out of quota for SW so early this year! People ususally still receive PPR in Nov. but seems not the case this year.

Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:49 am
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Nobody is saying that Buffalo run out of visas. There are applicants who still receive their passport requests even now. The letter we are talking about is the response to some of those who sent lately status request lately. it is not a letter being sent to everybody.
Thanks Mr. Miller!

MUST ! KEEP! THE ! HOPE ! UP! :scared: