Wikiposts

An E-LMO/LMO query?

Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:14 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default An E-LMO/LMO query?

Hi all, I'm sure my answer is out there somewhere, but I can't find it so if one of you lovely peoples would answer my question I would be most grateful!

So my friend eventually after months and months of backwards and forwards was granted a work permit after a positive E-LMO. After a month of being at said work, this lovely lady is struggling with the working environment for many reasons. I have managed to get her a lead into another job but we are not sure how to continue - is she now allowed to go to a new prospective employer and get them to do the LMO business while she is already employed?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:27 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An E-LMO/LMO query?

Hi

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Hi all, I'm sure my answer is out there somewhere, but I can't find it so if one of you lovely peoples would answer my question I would be most grateful!

So my friend eventually after months and months of backwards and forwards was granted a work permit after a positive E-LMO. After a month of being at said work, this lovely lady is struggling with the working environment for many reasons. I have managed to get her a lead into another job but we are not sure how to continue - is she now allowed to go to a new prospective employer and get them to do the LMO business while she is already employed?

Thanks in advance
The new employer has to get an LMO for the job and, if approved she must obtain a new work permit BEFORE she can start work.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:56 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

The new employer has to get an LMO for the job and, if approved she must obtain a new work permit BEFORE she can start work.
Thanks, I just wanted to know if a new LMO for a new job could be applied for while she was working in her current job on the old LMO and work permit - she knows she can't work with a new employer without a work permit for that job. I'm sorry if you misunderstood the original question in that respect.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 5:59 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Thanks, I just wanted to know if a new LMO for a new job could be applied for while she was working in her current job on the old LMO and work permit - she knows she can't work with a new employer without a work permit for that job. I'm sorry if you misunderstood the original question in that respect.
Yes her new employer can apply for an LMO while she is still working for the old employer.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 6:14 am

Thank you