e-client Application Status

Old Jul 7th 2002, 8:20 am
Smith

Default e-client Application Status

Has anyone had any luck with the e-client Application Status tool?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.html

I submitted my application in Jan 2002 and received my File # in May 2002 (4 months
later). I am unable to access the status of my application with this tool.

Thanks!

Old Jul 7th 2002, 3:20 pm
Jillion

Default Re: e-client Application Status

i was not able to access my file online till a week after i got the accessment
letter. YMMV, check back every few weeks.

"Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<1026069508.759670@sj-nntpcache-5>...
    > Has anyone had any luck with the e-client Application Status tool?
    > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.html
    >
    > I submitted my application in Jan 2002 and received my File # in May 2002 (4 months
    > later). I am unable to access the status of my application with this tool.
    >
    > Thanks!

Old Jul 7th 2002, 4:20 pm
Alex

Hello,

It worked for me. However they misspelled my first name and the system would not let
me in until I left the 'first name' (this field is not required) empty.

Regards, AR

"Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<1026069508.759670@sj-nntpcache-5>...
    > Has anyone had any luck with the e-client Application Status tool?
    > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.html
    >
    > I submitted my application in Jan 2002 and received my File # in May 2002 (4 months
    > later). I am unable to access the status of my application with this tool.
    >
    > Thanks!

Old Jul 11th 2002, 2:20 pm
Dwight Snow

I guess the tool is a complete dissappointment; it also does not retrieve my file
too. Its sad they had to close the call center before they actually checked the
validity of the new system. I guess all we can hope is that one fine day, with a
stroke of magic, our files would be visible on the system......till then enjoy the
"black-hole"

[email protected] (Alex) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]. com>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > It worked for me. However they misspelled my first name and the system would not
    > let me in until I left the 'first name' (this field is not required) empty.
    >
    > Regards, AR
    >
    >
    > "Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<1026069508.759670@sj-nntpcache-5>...
    > > Has anyone had any luck with the e-client Application Status tool?
    > > http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.html
    > >
    > > I submitted my application in Jan 2002 and received my File # in May 2002 (4
    > > months later). I am unable to access the status of my application with this tool.
    > >
    > > Thanks!

Old Jul 11th 2002, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

jmkale is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I was trying this tool for last 4 weeks from India, at different times and different locations. But all my efforts were in vain. I have informed it to Webmaster of Canadian Government Immigration Website. But I couldn't get a reply. So, I don't believe such a facility is available and working satisfactorily.

Regards,

jmkale
Old Jul 11th 2002, 10:26 pm
Joe Newsreader

Dwight Snow wrote:
    > I guess the tool is a complete dissappointment; it also does not retrieve my file
    > too. Its sad they had to close the call center before they actually checked the
    > validity of the new system.

You are absolutely right! It is such a shame!

Here's an excerpt of what Denis Coderre, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, had
to say about the e-client service in the official press release on May 7, 2002:

>> "This innovative on-line service provides clients with a secure, fast and easy
>> way to check the status of their immigration application, 24-hours a day, seven
>> days a week". After its third week of service, e-CAS had already delivered
>> application status information to more than 43,000 clients.

I wonder how many hundreds or thousands of clients have NEVER been able to log in and
are still unsuccessfully trying to get their status from this "innovative" service, 2
months later. Judging from this newsgroup, it could easily be 50% of all who tried.
What they essentially did is cut all the phone lines and left us with this clearly
half-baked, untested, unproven and barely working system. Those of us who are unable
to login really have only one option -- faxing the Buffalo office. From my
experience, such a fax gets answered in a few weeks by a letter saying that "your
application is being processed", "be patient", and "we will be unable to respond to
any further inquiries".

Now, according to the Buffalo office web site, it takes a YEAR to get assessment and
5-12 months AFTER that if you are lucky to get a waiver -- this is for people
applying from the United States, who are in most cases highly qualified and easily
adaptable to living in Canada -- an outrageously long waiting time! Needless to say,
when you are also left in the dark about your application status, it is extremely
disappointing and discouraging. Especially for those of us who have high moral
reasons for choosing Canada.

I hope that somebody from the Canadian immigration service will read this message
and that they will fix the e-client system as soon as possible! It really gets more
and more ridiculous as time goes by. Any computer person on this newsgroup knows
that this e-client system is not rocket science to design and verify. What else
should I say?...

Joe

Old Jul 12th 2002, 8:20 am
Sk

Default Re: e-client Application Status - Done on purpose or simply ignoring the problem.

I totally agree. As a programmer I think, a problem like this should not take more
than a day to resolve !! For God's sake, it has been months now !!!!

Either this is being done on purpose or they simply don't give a hoot about
it.

- SK

Joe Newsreader <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dwight Snow wrote:
    > > I guess the tool is a complete dissappointment;
    > > it also does not retrieve my file too. Its sad they had to close the call center
    > > before they actually checked the validity of the new system.
    >
    > You are absolutely right! It is such a shame!
    >
    > Here's an excerpt of what Denis Coderre, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration,
    > had to say about the e-client service in the official press release on May 7, 2002:
    >
    > >> "This innovative on-line service provides clients with a secure, fast and easy
    > >> way to check the status of their immigration application, 24-hours a day, seven
    > >> days a week". After its third week of service, e-CAS had already delivered
    > >> application status information to more than 43,000 clients.
    >
    > I wonder how many hundreds or thousands of clients have NEVER been able to log in
    > and are still unsuccessfully trying to get their status from this "innovative"
    > service, 2 months later. Judging from this newsgroup, it could easily be 50% of all
    > who tried. What they essentially did is cut all the phone lines and left us with
    > this clearly half-baked, untested, unproven and barely working system. Those of us
    > who are unable to login really have only one option -- faxing the Buffalo office.
    > From my experience, such a fax gets answered in a few weeks by a letter saying that
    > "your application is being processed", "be patient", and "we will be unable to
    > respond to any further inquiries".
    >
    > Now, according to the Buffalo office web site, it takes a YEAR to get assessment
    > and 5-12 months AFTER that if you are lucky to get a waiver -- this is for people
    > applying from the United States, who are in most cases highly qualified and easily
    > adaptable to living in Canada -- an outrageously long waiting time! Needless to
    > say, when you are also left in the dark about your application status, it is
    > extremely disappointing and discouraging. Especially for those of us who have high
    > moral reasons for choosing Canada.
    >
    > I hope that somebody from the Canadian immigration service will read this message
    > and that they will fix the e-client system as soon as possible! It really gets more
    > and more ridiculous as time goes by. Any computer person on this newsgroup knows
    > that this e-client system is not rocket science to design and verify. What else
    > should I say?...
    >
    > Joe