Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

E-cas status changed to "in process" after refusal letter

E-cas status changed to "in process" after refusal letter

Old Apr 4th 2011, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

iannoykittens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E-cas status changed to "in process" after refusal letter

Hello

I was curious to know if anyone had this issue of their e-cas status changing to "in process" after this case had been refused?

My e-cas status changed to "in process" on 1st January 2011 , a status which is usually associated with the case progressing normally. However, when i had mailed cic in late january, i got to know that my application had been refused a long time ago (on Oct 22, 2010) and that a refusal letter had been mailed on that date (to my lawyer whose address i had used and never seems to receive any of the letters from cic by mail). I have since terminated my contract with my lawyer since he had proven to be quite useless.

I was wondering if the change in status was caused by a glitch generated by the system or whether it reflected a genuine re-opening of my case.

Any advice or explanation from you forum visitors could provide me some closure to this matter and allow me to move on. I had emailed cic on this matter a couple of months back but i have not received any response.

I believed my application was reasonably strong as because i had graduated in engineering from a Canadian university and had some work experience (although not enough to apply in the experience class) and had stayed in canada for a total of 5 years. I had applied for immigration under the Skilled worker class in the IT category. Nevertheless, this contradiction in the ecas with the outcome of my application has been bugging me for some time and your thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 8:15 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-cas status changed to "in process" after refusal letter

Originally Posted by iannoykittens
I was wondering if the change in status was caused by a glitch generated by the system or whether it reflected a genuine re-opening of my case.
Ecas is very messed up at the moment, loads of people on the forum have got wrong statuses - they're changing it to a new system and CIC are saying it's not reliable.

When did you first apply?
Old Apr 4th 2011, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ecas is very messed up at the moment, loads of people on the forum have got wrong statuses - they're changing it to a new system and CIC are saying it's not reliable.

When did you first apply?
Cic had received my application for permanent residence on 22nd October 2009, exactly a year before they issued my refusal letter.

The statements as shown in the CAS are as provided below-

"We received your application for permanent residence on October 22, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on December 23, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Singapore office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Singapore office on December 29, 2009. The Singapore office may contact you. "

Thanks christmasoompa for your response.

Last edited by iannoykittens; Apr 4th 2011 at 8:27 pm. Reason: provided more detail regarding the application
Old Apr 9th 2011, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of

You might want to see How to access your CIC file and status of processing

If you are out of Canada and do not know a Canadian or Canadian resident who can do it for you, you can use a commercial service.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 3:23 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

It sure looks like some kind of error if they sent you a letter in December of 2009. I assume you have the same mailing address.
Send a case -specific email to the Singapore visa office explaining what you related here.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys for the posts. I'll look into accessing my CIC file. Biwillow, do you happen to know any commercial service that could access the information on my behalf? Thanks
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:30 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by iannoykittens
Thanks guys for the posts. I'll look into accessing my CIC file. Biwillow, do you happen to know any commercial service that could access the information on my behalf? Thanks
Google CAIPS, there is Caips notes, Caips.ca plus a number of others.