Wikiposts

e-CAS No Show

Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Reuben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default e-CAS No Show

I received my file number etc back in July 05 - everytime I try to log on to e-CAS it says it is unable to find anything - is this normal after 9 months and should I contact the embassy or just sit tight? Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers
Reuben
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

ghitchi2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: e-CAS No Show

Originally Posted by Reuben
I received my file number etc back in July 05 - everytime I try to log on to e-CAS it says it is unable to find anything - is this normal after 9 months and should I contact the embassy or just sit tight? Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers
Reuben
I don't know of this particular situation, but I do know that when it comes to e-CAS, not-working-as-expected is pretty much par for the course, don't worry about it.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

vietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the roughvietcan is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm having the same problem. We sent in our application in Nov, 2005 and still havn't been able to get it to work for us. As long as you are receiving good old fashion mail in the mailbox from CIC, your fine.

Cheers
Reuben
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

try both your and your spouses information with your case #

ecas works with my birth date and place of birth but not my spouses even though he is the principal applicant and I am the sponsoring spouse. just a thought.

Island Girl
Old Mar 24th 2006, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Island_Girl
try both your and your spouses information with your case #

ecas works with my birth date and place of birth but not my spouses even though he is the principal applicant and I am the sponsoring spouse. just a thought.

Island Girl
I was going to say the same thing had to try every which way to get mine to work, but your probably better off not seeing it, youl become an ecas drone and thats not good!
Old Mar 24th 2006, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Cheers
Reuben
For months I was using the reciept number and Wales for my place of birth - and getting the same as you. Then - on a whim - I tried my client number and England - and found I'd been on record for quite a while.
Try different combinations - reciept/client number/England/Sctland/Wales - you get the picture.
Good luck - once you find you're on record you become addicted to to it.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Bethan2 will become famous soon enoughBethan2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Snave
For months I was using the reciept number and Wales for my place of birth - and getting the same as you. Then - on a whim - I tried my client number and England - and found I'd been on record for quite a while.
Try different combinations - reciept/client number/England/Sctland/Wales - you get the picture.
I am having exactly the same problem, but I only seem to have a file number and not any of the other numbers you've mentioned. Where/how/when did you get a client number?

I've contacted the webmaster on the site and they've requested further info from me and promised me a response within two weeks.

I'm so glad that this thread has been started, I thought it was just me! Hopefully we can sort it out now. Cheers.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 9:48 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Reuben
If you follow the advice from all the other replies, you should get eCas up and running........the only problem is, you'll wish you'd never bothered. It has got to be the worst form of torture ever devised by a so-called civilised country.....

If you think you'll like looking at "In Process" for the next 2 years, then it is really useful....otherwise, just keep reading the forums...
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Snave
You're a genius! I put in England instead of UK and it worked!
All it says is "in process" though. I am changing over from SW to PNP and I want to be able to see if anything changes on there, so THANKS!!
Old Mar 26th 2006, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Marathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really niceMarathon Wreck is just really nice

E-cas is evil!!!! :scared: Everybody, get a life ! Why do you want to spend the next 2 to 3 years looking at 'In Process' ????
That's all it 'll ever tell you I'm afraid. Believe me you can spend all that time perusing forums websites etc. etc. and learn or gather info in the process......or you can look at E-cas.......and it'll say........'In Process'
Old Mar 26th 2006, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Reuben is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bethan2
You're a genius! I put in England instead of UK and it worked!
All it says is "in process" though. I am changing over from SW to PNP and I want to be able to see if anything changes on there, so THANKS!!
Well done Bethan - unfortunately you've just made me feel worse as mine still doesn't work!!
Old Mar 27th 2006, 2:47 am
Forum Regular

Island_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud ofIsland_Girl has much to be proud of

Just for the heck of it I checked ecas this morning it now says
Decision Made " we have made a decision on your file a letter has been sent to Hubby's name"

Hubby is picking up his Visa on Thursday... hummm just a bit behind.

So I guess it works it is just a bit slow.

Island Girl
Old Mar 27th 2006, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Well done Bethan - unfortunately you've just made me feel worse as mine still doesn't work!!
Sorry Reuben - didn't mean to make you feel worse! Just keep trying!

Island Girl - huge congratulations to you!