Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

e-CAS Currently more trouble than it's worth?

e-CAS Currently more trouble than it's worth?

Old Mar 28th 2011, 9:41 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: e-CAS Currently more trouble than it's worth?

Originally Posted by Waggle
Actually e-CAS is not on its way out in favour of GCMS, as I understand it. CAIPS is out in favour of GCMS.
We all learn a little more as we go along, I'm picking this up as we go.

From what little I know, CAIPS is only for immigration notes outside Canada.

It seems that when GCMS is finally up and running it will replace internal and external immigration and Citizenship applications (CAIPS/FOSS and CRS) as well as couple of other tacked on systems.

Although waggle could well be right that e-CAS may remain as the applicant simplified interface for GCMS.

Whatever the specifics, it doesn't detract from the fact that (of late) e-CAS often (as noted in this forum) produces incorrect status reports and the overall feedback process to applicants is dismal. I'm sure there a good few that would agree with that.

In my innocence I would have expected better from the Canadian authorities. Mind you that's not to say the UK is any better or worse, it's just that we have nothing to do with the UK system, if they indeed have one, so have no idea of the pain some applicants for UK PR may be going through.

Last edited by james.mc; Mar 28th 2011 at 9:48 am.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiem
It said 'in process' for three and half years for us. I hadn't realised people were actually attempting to use it as a resource tbh...

Why would you do that to yourself?
DebbieM, I'm with you. It is purely an instrument of torture as it is so inaccurate(particularly over the last month or so) that it does make me wonder why it is even being checked.
I think there was a time, for us last year, that it served a purpose...to let us know we were in the system and 'in process'. At that time we all knew that following an 'in process' status med requests were perhaps a couple of weeks/months away. We found this very uplifting and we were totally bhoyed up for weeks until we got the said medical requests soon after.
Following this development Ecas serves no purpose for us, at all.......but I now check email at 5 minute intervals...refresh inbox...refresh inbox.....refresh inbox...etc etc, waiting for PPR.
I think the process of checking and rechecking a totally flawed and inaccurate system makes you feel that you are doing something and that perhaps serves some purpose psychologically for applicants. It a bit like me asking my husband if my bum looks big in my new jeans and he says 'no...you look lovely' I know he is talking crap and that my arse is the size of a small planet, but it still makes me feel better!
Old Mar 28th 2011, 11:10 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
I think the process of checking and rechecking a totally flawed and inaccurate system makes you feel that you are doing something and that perhaps serves some purpose psychologically for applicants.
I'm with you there!

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
It a bit like me asking my husband if my bum looks big in my new jeans and he says 'no...you look lovely' I know he is talking crap and that my arse is the size of a small planet, but it still makes me feel better!
You've got a good one there, husband I mean. I've no clue about your.. Oh! I'll stop digging a big hole for myself and sign off at this pooint...