Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

E-Cas, can it take this long to appear?

Wikiposts

E-Cas, can it take this long to appear?

Old May 29th 2010, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all
Default E-Cas, can it take this long to appear?

I sent my application to Missisagua six weeks ago. My application is outland, via the Common-law Partner route.

It arrived six weeks ago but is yet to show up on E-Cas. I'm certainly not panicking or even worried, but just wondering if this kind of wait for it appear is normal?
Old May 29th 2010, 5:37 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-Cas, can it take this long to appear?

Hi
Please don't worry too much about e-cas....sometimes it never gets updated and sometimes it is regularly updated. It all depends on when they get around to doing it and sometimes people have reported on here, that even though they have their visas and have landed in Canada...it still showed in process.
As long as you are certain of its arrival...try not to worry....checking it constantly just sends you grey!
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by jameswales
I sent my application to Missisagua six weeks ago. My application is outland, via the Common-law Partner route.

It arrived six weeks ago but is yet to show up on E-Cas. I'm certainly not panicking or even worried, but just wondering if this kind of wait for it appear is normal?
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all

By not appearing, I mean that we've not even been entered into the E-Cas system.

I take it that, as you say, some people experience delays in being entered?
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Lethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really niceLethe is just really nice

Hi James,

I sent my application off to Mississauga on 22nd April and just got onto E-Cas today. Try not to worry!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 3:57 am
Just Joined

nhbiker is on a distinguished road

If I remember rightly, they open and process at Mississauga on the same day. This is also when it will be entered onto E-Cas..... a quick look on CIC website says they are currently up to April 23rd and it is taking an average of 48 days to process new apps. By my reckoning you should be seeing something on E-Cas in the very near future )
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

AlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond reputeAlexInBC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jameswales

Also worth checking that you're putting in the right thing on E-CAS for your country of birth. I know that I thought for a while that I wasn't showing on the system and then I read on here that you had to ensure that you selected England (in my case) even though they also offered the option to select UK or GB (can't remember which - was 4 years ago!)
Old Jun 5th 2010, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

anewPR is on a distinguished road

I sent my application Inland spousal class in November 2009, I received my AIP in April 2010, the same day my e-cas was updated.

I had presumed at this stage that CIC had not even started processing my application because of lack of updates....not so....when my e-cas was finally updated in April, it showed that my application had been started in October 2009.

From what I have read on other forums and from my own experience, sometimes when an application is classed as 'clean' (CIC's word for good applications by the way), they do not bother to update e-cas because they just zoom through the process.

I certainly should not worry at all that there is no news on e-cas, it does not mean that the process is not going on.

Hope this helps
Old Jun 5th 2010, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

chobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nicechobert is just really nice

Originally Posted by anewPR
I sent my application Inland spousal class in November 2009, I received my AIP in April 2010, the same day my e-cas was updated.

I had presumed at this stage that CIC had not even started processing my application because of lack of updates....not so....when my e-cas was finally updated in April, it showed that my application had been started in October 2009.
From what I have read on other forums and from my own experience, sometimes when an application is classed as 'clean' (CIC's word for good applications by the way), they do not bother to update e-cas because they just zoom through the process.

I certainly should not worry at all that there is no news on e-cas, it does not mean that the process is not going on.

Hope this helps
first time i've seen CIC start processing an application before it had been sent off!! ... Did you have inside help!!?
Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

anewPR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chobert
first time i've seen CIC start processing an application before it had been sent off!! ... Did you have inside help!!?
Oh yeah I paid CIC a little extra and they started on the process early

OK...sorry i sent my application in October 2009 they started processing November 2009....