Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Dyslexic and need to do the citizenship test

Dyslexic and need to do the citizenship test

Old Nov 9th 2022, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

Kimmiebow1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dyslexic and need to do the citizenship test

Hi,

I'm dyslexic. I was given my notice to appear for my citizenship test. I emailed on 21st October to request assistance with this as it says to do this before trying to do the test.
I got a response of it will update my account within 5 business days of receipt. Well I have to take the test by 14th November.

I can't get through on the phone and really don't know what to do.
I've tried studying and it just doesn't stay in my head. All practice tests I am doing I'm getting 60% so I'll fail the test.

Any advice on how to contact them or how to get a response?
Old Nov 9th 2022, 6:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dyslexic and need to do the citizenship test

Did you email the email address given in the Accommodation section of your invite?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 9th 2022 at 6:52 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2022, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

Yes I emailed to the address given in the invite the invitation ​​​​​​
Old Nov 9th 2022, 6:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kimmiebow1
Yes I emailed to the address given in the invite the invitation ​​​​​​
That’s a bit pants then, they should definitely have got back to you by now. Daft question, but you have checked your junk/spam folder?

You could try phoning them but just bear mind it’s a call centre and they’re not always great. Worth a try though at this point. 1-888-242-2100

Best of luck.
Old Nov 9th 2022, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

The response I got back stated i wouldn't get a ema response but the online tracker would be updated.
I spent hours trying to get through on the phone.
I got through just after I posted this. They said don't do the test even tho they can't see the email to not do it. Ask I have proof that I have contacted. But I don't know if I trust this