Duties on Goods for a TWP?

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:57 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Post Duties on Goods for a TWP?

Hello.

Is there a definite guide how to calculate Duty on goods to follow me as a Temporary Work Permit holder? There are a few items which I would like to bring and not leave in storage until my PR is through and I am unsure how to calculate duty on that.

Gaming Consoles, Games, DVD, Books, Clothing nothing all too big or expensive.

Thank you.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:15 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Duties on Goods for a TWP?

Work permit holders are not normally charged import duty on personal and household belongings that they import to Canada for their personal use during their work stints in Canada.

Here is Canada Border Service's Agency's web page called Entering Canada to Study or Work.

There also is important information in the Temporary Workers and Students section of the Wiki article called Goods To Follow.
x
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:35 pm
Sempai

retsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to allretsujou is a name known to all
Default Re: Duties on Goods for a TWP?

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Work permit holders are not normally charged import duty on personal and household belongings that they import to Canada for their personal use during their work stints in Canada.

Here is Canada Border Service's Agency's web page called Entering Canada to Study or Work.

There also is important information in the Temporary Workers and Students section of the Wiki article called Goods To Follow.
x
Thank you Judy, you are a pearl of wisdom again. I find this one here rather amusing:

The goods cannot be used by a resident of Canada;
So I have to ban my partner from reading my books, using my PS3 or watching my DVDs.... cute.