Dutch police certificate

Old May 23rd 2005, 3:12 am
xng
Forum Regular

xng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dutch police certificate

Can somebody tell me where and how I can apply for dutch police certificate from malaysia ?

Is there a website I can go to ? Thanks.
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dutch police certificate

Originally Posted by xng
Can somebody tell me where and how I can apply for dutch police certificate from malaysia ?

I had to apply for mine from the Burgermeisters office in the location that I last resided during my stay in Holland. Basically you apply to the Mayors office in the district you last lived in. I eventually after many phone calls and 3 lettters got a document from the Justice ministry in the Hague.

I wrote a letter requesting a

Verklaring Omtrent Het Gedrag or Certificate of Conduct

The letter detailed all addresses I was resident at and the dates of residency while I lived in Holland. I think your letter needs to include approximately 13.75 euros as a processing fee, I think I sent 15 euros as I couldn't get the exact amount required. I also completed the request document from CIC, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf and look at the section Appendix B - Obtaining Police Certificates/Clearances. This is the form from the UK CIC office additional documentation so you may need to look for one from the Malaysia CIC application Pack.

Dozzzzy

Last edited by dozzzzy; May 23rd 2005 at 3:55 am.
Old May 23rd 2005, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by xng

Try this site, it's all Dutch though :
http://oyop.com/xoops/html/modules/news/
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:05 am
xng
Forum Regular

13 euros ! Wow. this is not cheap for me. I do not know why they request
it when I was there for only 2 months on a company trip.

Anyway, is it necessary to provide my residence address there. I don't think I have them because it was arranged by my ex-company and I am no longer working there.
Old May 23rd 2005, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xng
13 euros ! Wow. this is not cheap for me. I do not know why they request
it when I was there for only 2 months on a company trip.

Anyway, is it necessary to provide my residence address there. I don't think I have them because it was arranged by my ex-company and I am no longer working there.
If you were only there for 2 months, you don't need to provide police clearances, as far as I know Police clearances are only required if you were resident for 6 months or more, I believe that is the case for London, you might want to check the requirements for Malaya .

Dozzzzy
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

evelynne_r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
If you were only there for 2 months, you don't need to provide police clearances, as far as I know Police clearances are only required if you were resident for 6 months or more, I believe that is the case for London, you might want to check the requirements for Malaya .

Dozzzzy
Hiya,

I was in the Netherlands for 15 months about 11 years ago, and there was no request for police certificates from Sydney. I was asked for one from France though where I lived for 10 months 13 years ago.

Evelynne
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:49 pm
xng
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dozzzzy

Dozzzzy

Strange as it sounds, that was what my initial assessment required me to do. I am totally surprised as it is incurring unnecessary cost for me. That 2 months were on 2 separate trips, one month each.
Old May 23rd 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xng
Missed this question before, but I would of though so or they won't be able to trace you. Did you have to register with the local police and get a stamp in your passport? If you still have the passport that at least would give you the jurisdiction that you will need to apply to.

Dozzzzy