dutch passport

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of
Default dutch passport

hi

Does anyone know if the rules for immigration to alberta are different, for my hubbie and i? he holds uk pasport I hold dutch one (the netherlands)
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

nataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to allnataliehahn is a name known to all
Default Re: dutch passport

It's exactly the same, seeing as you both are European Union citizens.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 1:40 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowhugs
hi

Does anyone know if the rules for immigration to alberta are different, for my hubbie and i? he holds uk pasport I hold dutch one (the netherlands)
Same rules.

But have you thought about getting a British passport anyway? The reason for this is that if you plan to become a Canadian citizen in due course, you could lose your Dutch citizenship. But you will keep British citizenship.

As far as I know, under Dutch law currently, if you are married to a British citizen you will be able to keep Dutch citizenship alongside becoming British.

How long have you lived in the U.K.?
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

you can keep dutch citizenship provided not naturalised.

if naturalised you lose it after being outside the EU for 10+ years.

there goes mine...*sigh*
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caitilin
you can keep dutch citizenship provided not naturalised.

if naturalised you lose it after being outside the EU for 10+ years.
There is no distinction between Dutch citizenship acquired by naturalisation and any other way:
http://www.minbuza.nl/en/welcome/Dut...ch_nationality
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes there is JAJ, if you acquire dutch citizenship by naturalisation - as I have, hence I've researched it - then if you have another citizenship prior to that and you live outside the EU for 10+ years you stand to lose it.

I've got hte links at home - i'm at work at current- i'll post them this evening.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

Yes there is JAJ, if you acquire dutch citizenship by naturalisation - as I have, hence I've researched it - then if you have another citizenship prior to that and you live outside the EU for 10+ years you stand to lose it.
This is what the Dutch Ministry says:
http://www.minbuza.nl/en/welcome/Dut..._dutch_na.html

Bear in mind that some dual Dutch/other citizens are that way from birth, and some naturalised Dutch citizens do not have any other nationality.

There is a way to avoid loss under the 10+ rule if you keep your Dutch passport renewed. However, acquiring citizenship of the new country will cause loss of Dutch citizenship under other provisions.

If you have official links that contradict this then it will be interesting but the sources I have linked to come direct from the Dutch authorities.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

snowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud ofsnowhugs has much to be proud of

thanks for all your input! I was born in Holland of dutch parents and have held a dutch passport my whole life. I have been married to an englishman for 6 years and lived in the uk since 1988!

I left Holland when i was 2 and was always led to believe you could not hold more than one nationality at the time if both were EU, certainly when my son was born he was given both a dutch and english passport but told he would have to choose between one or the other when he was 18.

Any way what i wanted to know has been answered by your good selves!

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

I've got hte links at home - i'm at work at current- i'll post them this evening.
Hi.

Where in Holland are you?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Ireland but dutch. you?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

the undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nicethe undutchables is just really nice

Scottish but living in Baarn, Holland.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

have you read the book the undutchables? colin white and laurie boucke if memory serves?
its brilliant.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

No, but read the xenophobe's guide to the Dutch. Things made a lot more sense after reading it.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

get the undutchables. its a hoot and a half. we went htrough five copies in a family of four on sheer wear and tear, and it 'walking' to friends.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:14 pm
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by the undutchables
Hi.

Where in Holland are you?

A gentle reminder - this section of the forum is not for off-topic chat.
Please use the private message facility or one of the more general discussion forums.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.