Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Dual Citizenship What documents do I need?

Dual Citizenship What documents do I need?

Old Jan 3rd 2008, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Jib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the rough
Default Dual Citizenship What documents do I need?

Hi
I have dual citizenship (Thai and British). My husband is British and we are in the process of applying for Canadian immigration skilled worker).

Having read through the requirments on the CIC Website I understand I have to provide Police Clearance Certificates for any country I've lived in since the age of 18.

According to the CIC Website since I am not a resident of Thailand I can get the UK Police or Royal Thai Embassy to do my finger prints, but I still need my Thai Passport, ID Card, proof of name chance after marriage etc.

The problem I have is that since I became a British Citizen I have let my old Thai passport expire and no longer have a Passport from Thailand or any of the evidence required from Thailand.

Could anybody advise me what to do?
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:02 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual Citizenship What documents do I need?

Hi

Originally Posted by Jib Jib
Hi
I have dual citizenship (Thai and British). My husband is British and we are in the process of applying for Canadian immigration skilled worker).

Having read through the requirments on the CIC Website I understand I have to provide Police Clearance Certificates for any country I've lived in since the age of 18.

According to the CIC Website since I am not a resident of Thailand I can get the UK Police or Royal Thai Embassy to do my finger prints, but I still need my Thai Passport, ID Card, proof of name chance after marriage etc.

The problem I have is that since I became a British Citizen I have let my old Thai passport expire and no longer have a Passport from Thailand or any of the evidence required from Thailand.

Could anybody advise me what to do?
Follow the instructions http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...c/thailand.asp
and submit a copy of your expired passport.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Jib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the roughJib Jib is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the prompt reply but I dont have the expired thai passport with me anymore.

Thanks for the link but I already checked that, that's how I found out about the documents I need. I have British marriage certificate and british passport the rest of the documents I have are with my mom in Thailand which are all in Thai as well.
Do you know if submitting my british passport is acceptable?
Many thanks
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

anyone has similar experience can you advice please?