British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Dropping passport at CIC in London this thursday (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/dropping-passport-cic-london-thursday-635292/)

marimac Oct 23rd 2009 6:23 pm

Re: Dropping passport at CIC in London this thursday

Originally Posted by TheBear (Post 8039577)
Just went to a photo booth in tesco and did them...they were fine...ordinary passport photos are all you need even if the forms say different.

Canadian passport photos are a very different size - so that's why they say they are not the same. Fortunately, the Canadian visa photos are the UK passport photo size so can easily be done on the high street.

TheBear Oct 24th 2009 9:08 am

Originally Posted by marimac (Post 8039712)
Canadian passport photos are a very different size - so that's why they say they are not the same. Fortunately, the Canadian visa photos are the UK passport photo size so can easily be done on the high street.

Ahh! Now I understand...you'd have thought they'd have an instruction sheet specific for the UK when sending out stuff from CIC London.

PMM Oct 24th 2009 5:22 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by TheBear (Post 8041078)
Ahh! Now I understand...you'd have thought they'd have an instruction sheet specific for the UK when sending out stuff from CIC London.

1. There is a whole page devoted to photo size and description in the instruction guide as it is the same for everyone. Appendix B
2. If you use the photo booth photos, you may find that CBSA either has to retake the photos at the Port of Entry or that you will have to attend a CIC office in Canada to get new photos. The photo booths are usually too dark and have tendency to fade.

TheBear Oct 25th 2009 8:01 am

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 8041838)
Hi

1. There is a whole page devoted to photo size and description in the instruction guide as it is the same for everyone. Appendix B
2. If you use the photo booth photos, you may find that CBSA either has to retake the photos at the Port of Entry or that you will have to attend a CIC office in Canada to get new photos. The photo booths are usually too dark and have tendency to fade.

Yes...I read that...I'm not an idiot, but no one who has used UK passport booth photos has ever reported having a problem and the instructions say that passport photos are not good enough.

PMM Oct 25th 2009 5:12 pm

Hi

Originally Posted by TheBear (Post 8042976)
Yes...I read that...I'm not an idiot, but no one who has used UK passport booth photos has ever reported having a problem and the instructions say that passport photos are not good enough.

There have been a number of posters in the past who found that they had to attend to CICs in Canada to re-take their photos. Hey, but what do I know.

burton bunch Oct 25th 2009 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 8043968)
Hi

There have been a number of posters in the past who found that they had to attend to CICs in Canada to re-take their photos. Hey, but what do I know.

But hey

Fore Warned is Fore Armed :thumbup:

TheBear Oct 25th 2009 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by PMM (Post 8043968)
Hi

But hey...your tone is so freeking patronising it's bound to wind someone up.

webnibs Oct 25th 2009 9:54 pm

Hi, you can do your photos yourself at home with a digital camera and printer - thats what we've gone for all our photos ( and have visas after 3 year process ) - goto http://www.epassportphoto.com take a few photos against a white background, select the country and photo required and upload a image to the website and you able to get a template card of 7 photos that you can save and print on your printer.
Really easy to do.
Hope that helps.
Cheers