DONE IT - WIFE LANDED!!!

Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

JimandBettina is on a distinguished road
Default DONE IT - WIFE LANDED!!!

Hi guys,

A while ago I asked on this forum the actual physical process fro sponsoring my wife, about the timelines etc. I am a Canadian citizen, have never really lived there, have a German wife and 2 kids who are now Canadian coz I am!!

So I thought I'd let you know how it went, as follows:

1. We finished the paperwork, the OH had her meds and we sent it all off to Missisauga in April. We got a message from London that it was all sorted and we just had to go to London to get the Visa put into her pasport. This I did and got it back 10 working days later.

2. I was debating whether to do a Goods to Follow form as we would return back to UK after our 3 week holiday. So I spent a day cataloguing everything and typing it into an XL file. No probs so far.

3. We then flew into Toronto airport, where the missus declared that she was landing at passport control. We were sent to Immigration office which was empty apart from the officials and us. I expected to be grilled here but the Chinese-Canadian lad was fantastic, didn't ask any awkward questions, didn't ask for proof of funds and said we didn't need a Goods To Follow as we were returning to UK and I could fill in a Returning Canadian form when we actually move here for good (I have 2 years left of my Army contract here).

4. We then drove to our house in Collingwood, which we bought in 2007 and had a fantastic holiday. My OH automatically qualifies for PR - the amount of days needed in 5 years - as she is living abroad with a Canadian citizen who is working away!!

Overall it went smooth as and we have ahd no probs at all. The move here will be a good one and Collingwood is a great town with skiing in the winter and loads to do in summer. We went to Perry Sound, Toronto and toured around Ontario - pretty good.

Rgds,
Jim
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Jukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond reputeJukeboxwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DONE IT - WIFE LANDED!!!

Congratulations