Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Doing medicals means that you are almost all set?

Doing medicals means that you are almost all set?

Old May 5th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

masiosare is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Doing medicals means that you are almost all set?

I did my medicals about a month ago, that means that I'm almost approved? I mean did they look at my points and I comply with 67 then?

Does that mean that I can assume my PR will come up soon?
Old May 5th 2007, 4:59 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doing medicals means that you are almost all set?

Certainly they have assessed your application under the point system and you passed. The background check is not doubt still in process while you take the medical and it can take months more than the medical results.
Old May 6th 2007, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Certainly they have assessed your application under the point system and you passed. The background check is not doubt still in process while you take the medical and it can take months more than the medical results.
Do you know if they wait for you to submit the medicals and police checks to start the background check or do they start with it from the date they send you the medical request?
Old May 6th 2007, 1:25 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Background checks are started once they determine that the case meets the points criteria. Then meds are also sent out at a time when they expect that the background check will be completed well within the medical validity. That is not always how it works out of course.
Old May 6th 2007, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Location: Dubai, soon will be in Toronto, afterwards... who know?!
Canaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jim for your valiable replies.

I just wonder what is the process of the security screeing, whenit usually take place & how long does it takes.

I highly appreciate your response
Old May 6th 2007, 4:58 am

Security screening can be as long as 2 years or more and as short as 5 or 6 months so there is no "nice" answer. It involves organized criminality, terrorism etc. to name a few issues.
Old May 6th 2007, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Security screening can be as long as 2 years or more and as short as 5 or 6 months so there is no "nice" answer. It involves organized criminality, terrorism etc. to name a few issues.
I guess it would also depend on your country, for example if you live in Mexico the security screening would take less than if you would live in Syria or Iraq (no offence, but we all know these countries have been unfortunate to have conflicts) or places with background of terrorist or insurrect attacks (Spain, Northern Ireland, etc.)
Is that correct?

As of me, I've lived only in Mexico and the U.S.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

The Lees is an unknown quantity at this point

We have received med and ROLF requests but an RCMP check has not been requested (as we have now been in Canada for 11 months) or repeat UK police checks as these I assume would now have expired as we applied to Buffalo in September 2006.

Will CIC request these or should I assume that they are not required unless requested??

I would be grateful for any light shed on this.

Thanks
Old Jul 11th 2007, 12:11 pm

It it unlikely that you will be asked for RCMP PCs or new UK ones. Just go ahead and do the meds and pay for the RPRF fees.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

The Lees is an unknown quantity at this point

It it unlikely that you will be asked for RCMP PCs or new UK ones. Just go ahead and do the meds and pay for the RPRF fees.
Thanks very much Jim.

That's just what I wanted to hear. We have the meds already booked for next Tuesday and the RPRF ready to go with the T4 so hopefully that is all we need to do now before we get passport requests.