Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Doing landing trip paperwork at night

Doing landing trip paperwork at night

Old May 30th 2019, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doing landing trip paperwork at night

Originally Posted by G0ldie
I'm thinking of using them also as they have a straight flight to Vancouver from Manchester. Let me know how the flight is.
I always fly Air Transat when I go home to Manchester. The leg room is decent, prices are reasonable and the cabin staff are generally very pleasant. I download their inflight entertainment app onto my ipad and then I can choose any of their film and TV show options to watch. I have had one major delay out of over 20 flights and that was due to a snowstorm and issues at the airport - not airline related.
Old May 30th 2019, 7:04 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G0ldie
Thanks DG,

I'm thinking of using them for landing once my application is finalised. I've used BA and KLM in the past but prefer a direct route if possible.
I think they're pretty much the only direct option from England if you need to fly from a city other than London.
Old May 31st 2019, 1:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I edited to change curfew to limited landing slots (within about 2 minutes of posting)
as per
https://www.torontopearson.com/en/co...g-restrictions
if you scroll down to Night operations, they limit the number of slots and you can bet there aren't many spare up for grabs !
Interesting.
Old May 31st 2019, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there was a time when night landings were not allowed at Vancouver Airport. I think at one time it was no landings between midnight and 5 am.

No longer applies of course!
Old May 31st 2019, 11:58 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Well, there was a time when night landings were not allowed at Vancouver Airport. I think at one time it was no landings between midnight and 5 am.

I'm fairly certain the same happened at Pearson for a while at least, which is why I originally posted that there were no landings at night . until I googled and corrected myself.
Old May 31st 2019, 4:05 pm
Knight of Constantinople

G0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond reputeG0ldie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
I always fly Air Transat when I go home to Manchester. The leg room is decent, prices are reasonable and the cabin staff are generally very pleasant. I download their inflight entertainment app onto my ipad and then I can choose any of their film and TV show options to watch. I have had one major delay out of over 20 flights and that was due to a snowstorm and issues at the airport - not airline related.
Thanks for the replies everyone. Sorry crofty82 for hijacking your thread!
Old May 31st 2019, 10:16 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
This has been our experience as well. The Air Transat staff themselves have been great but the communication from their head office in Montreal to their handling agents on the ground in Manchester was non existent.

The ground staff had so little information that at one point Transat were tweeting passengers (including me) different info to what the handling agents were telling us. It was a farce.

Originally Posted by scilly

Yes it no longer applies at Pearson either, the CBSA officer who processed us (very quickly and professionally btw) laughed when we asked if they had enough officers on to process new immigrants in the small hours
Old Jun 1st 2019, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

I have never flown with Air Transat, was never inclined to do so after experience relations had on almost annual flights with them between about 1990 to 2009.

They always insisted on booking on Air Transat, even though they always had problems, on the ground, in the air, delays, etc etc etc.

The worst was the last trip made by any of them when my niece came over, she had the middle seat in the row and the seat was broken. She has a bad back, and was in pain by the time she arrived here. She complained to the air crew and online, was thanked, apologies made, and assured that the seat would be repaired. The plane was full and no empty seats.

3 weeks later she travelled back, middle seat in the row .......... and it was EXACTLY that same seat, un-repaired. She complained to the air crew, but the plane was full and there were no empty seats for her to move to.

Again complaints were made, apologies made, no compensation ............... and it was 6 months of various treatments before her back was OK