Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Doing homework - pre express entry

Doing homework - pre express entry

Old Jul 23rd 2019, 12:56 am
Just Joined

kwright32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Doing homework - pre express entry

Hi all!

Myself and my partner are due to submit an application for express entry to Canada. Based on a rough estimate i believe our points would be around the 450 region.

We currently have a intro call with an 'Canadian immigration expert' later this week for an hour - to basically ask him the huge list of questions we have about the whole process. However, since reading the numerous threads on this forum, I feel a little more confident about managing the actual process myself, rather than paying £2k upwards for someone else to do it for me.

I suppose my questions is - I have already started requesting copies of education certificates, in the event we will need to send these off - what other formal documentation is required as part of the ITA process? I would want to be as prepared as possible, should we be lucky enough to be picked to formally apply, and therefore want to gather as much docs beforehand.

Any additional support, advice and guidance is very much welcome as we embark on this exciting (and scary) journey!

Old Jul 23rd 2019, 1:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doing homework - pre express entry

Hi, welcome to BE.

You'll need your education certs for your ECA, and you can't apply until you've got that, so good that you've got them underway. You'll need your degree transcripts too but they must be sent direct to the ECA provider. You also need you IELTS results to apply to enter the pool. Then once you get your ITA, it'll be things like proof of funds, employment refs, other proof of work experience, police checks, identity docs, etc, that will be required.

At 450 you're in with a chance of an ITA fairly soon after applying, so just get your ECA and IELTS underway so you can apply. Will you lose points from a birthday anytime soon? If so, get cracking and make sure you send off for your ECA with an agency that has a shorter processing time - there can be months difference between them.

Good luck.
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 1:06 am
Just Joined

kwright32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks so much - this is extremely helpful.

We think at this stage - we would benefit form myself being the 'lead applicant' (im 27 and have increased further education than my partner) - as he is 36.

I have an upcoming birthday at the end of August - but considering i will still be under 30, do you think there is a chance this could negatively impact our application?

Thanks again!
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 2:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwright32
We think at this stage - we would benefit form myself being the 'lead applicant' (im 27 and have increased further education than my partner) - as he is 36.

I have an upcoming birthday at the end of August - but considering i will still be under 30, do you think there is a chance this could negatively impact our application?
No, that's fine then, you don't start losing points for age until you turn 30, so your points will remain the same for a while.

It definitely sounds as though you would be better off being the principle applicant, but do double check both your scores using the official calculator just to make sure. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 23rd 2019 at 2:36 am.