Wikiposts

Does U.S. education help

Old Dec 24th 2004, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

marhaba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does U.S. education help

Hi readers,

I have a Bachelors in Economics and an MBA from universities in the USA. Not ivy leagues I hasten to add! Is IELTS however still required? Does this education impress favourably on my PR application

I recently received AOR after applying as a skilled worker. Indian citizen married working in the UAE.

Any comments are welcome.
Old Dec 24th 2004, 7:29 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does U.S. education help

You are just another Joe among many other Joes who posses MBA, PHD, or MS from the states in the eye of CIC. However, in my opinion you are ahead of me. I only have BS from the states and I haven't received my AOR.

Originally Posted by marhaba
Hi readers,
I have a Bachelors in Economics and an MBA from universities in the USA. Not ivy leagues I hasten to add! Is IELTS however still required? Does this education impress favourably on my PR application
I recently received AOR after applying as a skilled worker. Indian citizen married working in the UAE.
Old Dec 25th 2004, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Sumatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABW
You are just another Joe among many other Joes who posses MBA, PHD, or MS from the states in the eye of CIC. However, in my opinion you are ahead of me. I only have BS from the states and I haven't received my AOR.

""many joes with phd"!?
I really wonder how many joes with PhD from US are there?
Old Dec 25th 2004, 2:59 pm
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

Wink Re: Does U.S. education help

There is a boatload of Joes with PHD in the states. When I took my IELTS early last year, I met about 45 PHDs lined up to immigrate to Canada (mostly H-1B holders). 1 day IELTS in 1 site = 45 PHDs. Do the math for any other site!!!

Originally Posted by Sumatra
""many joes with phd"!?
I really wonder how many joes with PhD from US are there?
Old Dec 25th 2004, 4:31 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ABW
There is a boatload of Joes with PHD in the states. When I took my IELTS early last year, I met about 45 PHDs lined up to immigrate to Canada (mostly H-1B holders). 1 day IELTS in 1 site = 45 PHDs. Do the math for any other site!!!
You are one social dude! You met 45 people, and got to know they are all phd's! wow more power to you!
Old Dec 26th 2004, 1:30 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

Not really. In some IELTS testing centers last year (in my case Chicago), Cambridge folks did the random education survey on participants for statistical purposes and I peeked on the list.
Yeah, I spoke to some of them and found out about the H1-B.

Originally Posted by MJ23
You are one social dude! You met 45 people, and got to know they are all phd's! wow more power to you!
Old Dec 26th 2004, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

emran is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Does U.S. education help

Hi I can answer your question very well because I aready passed interview and waiting for passport request. I got my Associates(consider as BSc) from City University of New York from a community college. I got full education score and also I didn't take IELTS and interview officer judged my english thru Interview. I applied before 2001 and at that this interview had authority to judge your english and now i think its mandatory to take IELTS.

Emran
Old Dec 26th 2004, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Boston is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi readers,

Hi Marhaba,

I have credentials similar to yours and didn't take IELTS. I wrote a letter to CIS describing my experiences, education, and submitted copies of diplomas, etc. from the US. They never requested IELTS scores and issued me a visa. There were similar posts regarding this matter on this forum before.

Good luck!
Old Jan 1st 2005, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

marhaba is an unknown quantity at this point

Appreciate the comments fellas. Suppose that after Sep 2001 it's better not to leave any loose ends.

On the other hand my e-client shows 'we were not able to identify you using the infomation you provided.' One of the three reasons given on this CIC web link is that my application isn't being processed yet. The other two statements do not apply to me.

Canadian High Commission in London is the visa post. Isn't there a call center I can contact to receive clarification? Or, should I fax the inquiry? I do have the fax # thanks but not one for the call center (if one exists!).

Hence I would appreciate suggestions who to contact for the required clarification. And then how to do so. I am not asking for much am I?
Old Jan 1st 2005, 3:01 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marhaba

Appreciate the comments fellas. Suppose that after Sep 2001 it's better not to leave any loose ends.

On the other hand my e-client shows 'we were not able to identify you using the infomation you provided.' One of the three reasons given on this CIC web link is that my application isn't being processed yet. The other two statements do not apply to me.

Canadian High Commission in London is the visa post. Isn't there a call center I can contact to receive clarification? Or, should I fax the inquiry? I do have the fax # thanks but not one for the call center (if one exists!).

Hence I would appreciate suggestions who to contact for the required clarification. And then how to do so. I am not asking for much am I?
There is no local call centre for London. It is quite possible that nothing has happened with your applicaton other than they acknowleged the receipt and cashed the fee. Did you get a file no.? Its unlikely that you will see anything on ecas for quite awhile.

PMM