Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does Spouse need to fill a separate application form?

Does Spouse need to fill a separate application form?

Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

davidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud of
Default Does Spouse need to fill a separate application form?

I got a PNP and am going to apply for my TWP. My job offer is on Level A, so I know my spouse will get an open work permit.

My question is whether my spouse needs to fill a separate application form?

The TWP checklist says:
Open Work Permit for Spouse/common-law partner (Completion of separate application form required)

Thanks,

David
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:10 pm
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Spouse need to fill a separate application form?

Originally Posted by davidsk
I got a PNP and am going to apply for my TWP. My job offer is on Level A, so I know my spouse will get an open work permit.

The TWP checklist says:
Open Work Permit for Spouse/common-law partner (Completion of separate application form required)

Thanks,

David
I'm sorry but am I missing something here? By quoting the TWP checklist haven't you answered your own question?
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

davidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud ofdavidsk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Auld Yin
I'm sorry but am I missing something here? By quoting the TWP checklist haven't you answered your own question?
I know, but some people say in the forum to just include the spouse name in the principal form and in the checklist just tick the open work permit item.

Anyhow, we will fill a separate form but not the additional information form which is a bit tedious.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:11 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

The TWP checklist says:

Thanks,

David
Hi - if you got PNP you do not need to apply for a TWP. Which PNP nominated you?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Hi - if you got PNP you do not need to apply for a TWP. Which PNP nominated you?
The PR takes ages, so we would like to get there first while waiting for the PR to be issued.

NS.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 9:21 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

The PR takes ages, so we would like to get there first while waiting for the PR to be issued.

NS.
Okay - have you received nomination under a provincial nominee scheme? Or have you applied under the Federal Skilled Worker Stream?
Old Feb 4th 2011, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Okay - have you received nomination under a provincial nominee scheme? Or have you applied under the Federal Skilled Worker Stream?
Both. Our FSW is still on Received by Visa Office. I guess we won't get ME in another 4 months. So in December we applied for NSNP, and got the nomination a few days ago. By the way, I got a job offer in Halifax.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:06 am

Both. Our FSW is still on Received by Visa Office. I guess we won't get ME in another 4 months. So in December we applied for NSNP, and got the nomination a few days ago. By the way, I got a job offer in Halifax.
Okay so you need to withdraw your initial application that is in London and ask for a refund. You then submit again under the NSNP nomination.

As you now have nomination from NSNP you can ask them to provide you with a letter which negates the need for an LMO - basically you show it to immigration and they will provide you with a work permit and your OH with an open work permit.

Hope this helps!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:09 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Okay so you need to withdraw your initial application that is in London and ask for a refund. You then submit again under the NSNP nomination.

As you now have nomination from NSNP you can ask them to provide you with a letter which negates the need for an LMO - basically you show it to immigration and they will provide you with a work permit and your OH with an open work permit.

Hope this helps!
Such a font of all knowledge

And always super helpful Amy - you're a star
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Such a font of all knowledge

And always super helpful Amy - you're a star
Gawd I am having that engraved on my headstone..!
Old Feb 5th 2011, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Hope this helps!
Thanks Amy. The NSNP officer said I can just use the nomination letter to apply for a WP directly without an LMO.

Regarding the FSW app, We will just wait for another few months to see the FSW progress. After all, the PNP will also take 10 months to process according to the CIC timeline.
Old Feb 5th 2011, 10:06 am

Thanks Amy. The NSNP officer said I can just use the nomination letter to apply for a WP directly without an LMO.

Regarding the FSW app, We will just wait for another few months to see the FSW progress. After all, the PNP will also take 10 months to process according to the CIC timeline.
There should be a seperate letter from NSNP that states your employer needs you to start work urgently and for the border to issue you with a work permit. The letter from NSNP confirming you are nominated will NOT be accepted by Immigration.

Thing is, when you apply for NSNP and are nominated part of the deal is that if you already have a FSW application on the go you HAVE to request that it is cancelled - if NSNP find out you have not, you will be in trouble.