Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does the minor receives Canadian Citizenship card in post ?

Does the minor receives Canadian Citizenship card in post ?

Old Apr 28th 2009, 8:35 am
AA

asimsubhani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does the minor receives Canadian Citizenship card in post ?

I am a Canadian Citizen and i have applied for citizenship for my six year old daughter who is on PR card. I receive a letter asking for her original PR card. My question is does she receive her citizenship card by post or she has to attend oath ceremony. Does any one know about the timeline for getting citizenship card after supplying the original PR card.

Thanks

Asim
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:11 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does the minor receives Canadian Citizenship card in post ?

Hi

Originally Posted by asimsubhani
I am a Canadian Citizen and i have applied for citizenship for my six year old daughter who is on PR card. I receive a letter asking for her original PR card. My question is does she receive her citizenship card by post or she has to attend oath ceremony. Does any one know about the timeline for getting citizenship card after supplying the original PR card.

Thanks

Asim
According to CIC

"Who attends the citizenship ceremony

Adults and children aged 14 or over must attend the citizenship ceremony and take the oath.

Parents receive certificates of citizenship for their children under age 14. These children do not have to attend, but they are welcome." So it appears that it will come in the mail, unless you are applying at the same time.

And from the citizenship processing manual

"2.15. Application not filed concurrently
If the application for a minor is not filed concurrently with one or both parents, but one or both
parents are citizens, CPC Sydney may grant citizenship and mail the certificate to the applicant’s
last-known address for a minor under 14 years of age. For a minor 14 years of age or older, the
application is forwarded to the local office for the grant and so that the applicant can take the oath
of citizenship.