Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Old May 29th 2008, 12:49 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

1. There is not published yet any national list of occupations in high demand for PR purposes, there are only Provincial lists designed for LMO/work permit purposes.

2. If your application is a simplified form (or sent to Buffalo without PNP or arranged employment) and was received by visa post on or after Feb 27 2008 then it is likely that nothing will be done with it until Parliament decides one way or the other what to do with tabled changes to immigration law.
Old May 29th 2008, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

aussymack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

my application was received aug 23,2006 with a 24 mth timeline [cic, syd-australia]

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
1. There is not published yet any national list of occupations in high demand for PR purposes, there are only Provincial lists designed for LMO/work permit purposes.

2. If your application is a simplified form (or sent to Buffalo without PNP or arranged employment) and was received by visa post on or after Feb 27 2008 then it is likely that nothing will be done with it until Parliament decides one way or the other what to do with tabled changes to immigration law.
Old May 30th 2008, 2:27 am
Forum Regular

sbhusan is an unknown quantity at this point

In this situation, where the application is not going to move,is it wise to send applications without arranged employment or PNP ? One will be always in dilemma wheather his/her application will be picked or not ? I also sent my application last month without AE and don't know if my skill will be listed under occupation under pressure although I'm working in Canada since last 2 years as IT consultant.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by aussymack
my application was received aug 23,2006 with a 24 mth timeline [cic, syd-australia]
The timeline changed since your AOR letter. 80% of applications completed in Sydney in 2007 took 27 to 32 months from start to finish. Now, almost 6 months into 2008 CIC didn't update their quarterly processing times reports - but you may safely assume that timelines only got longer by now.
Old May 30th 2008, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by sbhusan
In this situation, where the application is not going to move,is it wise to send applications without arranged employment or PNP ? One will be always in dilemma wheather his/her application will be picked or not ? I also sent my application last month without AE and don't know if my skill will be listed under occupation under pressure although I'm working in Canada since last 2 years as IT consultant.
Why did you apply without arranged employment if you already work in Canada???
Old May 30th 2008, 6:16 am
Just Joined

aussymack is an unknown quantity at this point

im quite aware of that, infact may 06 applicants have been receiving update letters.
Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
The timeline changed since your AOR letter. 80% of applications completed in Sydney in 2007 took 27 to 32 months from start to finish. Now, almost 6 months into 2008 CIC didn't update their quarterly processing times reports - but you may safely assume that timelines only got longer by now.
Old May 30th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Andrew for your reply. My current employer stopped sponsoring PR aslo I could not find any other. What is your suggestion at this situation ?

Thanks,
Sbhusan
Old May 30th 2008, 12:37 pm

Employer doesn't need to "sponsor PR application" - all you need from employer is a letter stating that you work with them and that your current temporary employment will be converted to permanent one on indeterminate basis after you become a PR. You add to it copy of valid work permit and few payslips and you have arranged employment, providing of course that you work in skilled occupation.
Old May 31st 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Mr. Andrew,
Thanks for the information. I have submitted my pay stubs and an employment proof letter(current position and salary fugure). My employer didn't agree to give me a letter with the wordings required for AE.
I have one doubt, for my case does my employer have to get the LMO from HRSDC also and do I need to submit that along with the PR application to claim AE.

Thanks,
Sbhusan
Old May 31st 2008, 4:20 pm

LMO alone won't constitute arranged employment. To claim arranged employment you need either (1) a job offer to hire you permanently on indeterminate basis after you become a PR plus Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) from HRSDC or (2) be already working in Canada on valid work permit and have offer from employer to convert your current temporary employment into a permanent position on indeterminate basis after you become a PR. Of course in both cases the job must be in skilled occupation.

Thus in either case - if you can't have a letter from employer offering you permanent employment on indeterminate basis after you become a PR then you cannot claim arranged employment as you don't have one.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Dear Mr Andrew,
1. Is it possible to claim AE if i include copy of my current TWP and an offer from an employer other than my current one(as my current employer not agreeing to provide the letter). Does that employer need LMO before the offer ? or all TWP holder exempted from submitting the LMO with the PR application. 2. Also how AE can be claimed for SOWP, as my wife's employer agreeing to take her as permanent employee after PR.

Thanks,
Sbhusan
Old Jun 1st 2008, 3:07 am

If you want to use job offer from employer other than the one you work for then job offer will need positive Arranged Employment Opinion from HRSDC.

If your wife wants to claim AE then she must be the principal applicant in PR application.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Mr. Andrew. As i have already applied to Buffalo without AE,and looking at the C-50 processing, every thing seems quite unpredictable. The last option i have is,i will pull my application out and my wife will apply as principal applicant with her AE. As it is not required her employer to apply for LMO,I am quite sure she can get a employment letter from her employer with the proper wordings required for AE.

Just i am wondering how to pull the application without a file no...
Old Jun 1st 2008, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sbhusan
Thanks Mr. Andrew. As i have already applied to Buffalo without AE,and looking at the C-50 processing, every thing seems quite unpredictable. The last option i have is,i will pull my application out and my wife will apply as principal applicant with her AE. As it is not required her employer to apply for LMO,I am quite sure she can get a employment letter from her employer with the proper wordings required for AE.

Just i am wondering how to pull the application without a file no...
if your wife's work permit is has long validity!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

FN will be created or the application package will be returned sooner or later bcuz of application priority. am i rite,Andrew? It is very hard to withdraw the application without FN.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.