Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Old May 27th 2008, 3:21 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
sbhusan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Hi,
I got to know that the Buffalo consulate issuing letter to post 27th feb PR pplicants as follows:

"Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration may, within the next several months be providing instructions of Visa Offices as to which applications are to be accepted for processing and which are to be returned unprocessed. It is expected that these instructions will apply primarily to certain Skilled Worker applications officially received on or after 27th Feb 2008.
If and as soon as we receive Minister's instructions, we will apply them to out inventory of applications, starting with those officially received on 27th Feb 2008 and processing in chronological order"


Does it mean they are waiting for the proposed bill to be passed to issue AOR.

Thanks,
Sbhusan
sbhusan is offline  
Old May 27th 2008, 4:13 pm
  #2  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Hi

Originally Posted by sbhusan
Hi,
I got to know that the Buffalo consulate issuing letter to post 27th feb PR pplicants as follows:

"Canada's Minister of Citizenship and Immigration may, within the next several months be providing instructions of Visa Offices as to which applications are to be accepted for processing and which are to be returned unprocessed. It is expected that these instructions will apply primarily to certain Skilled Worker applications officially received on or after 27th Feb 2008.
If and as soon as we receive Minister's instructions, we will apply them to out inventory of applications, starting with those officially received on 27th Feb 2008 and processing in chronological order"


Does it mean they are waiting for the proposed bill to be passed to issue AOR.

Thanks,
Sbhusan
Yes
PMM is offline  
Old May 27th 2008, 11:40 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
sbhusan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Thanks PMM for your reply. Waiting for the bill going to increase the backlog again.I'v sent my application last month under SW with 76 points and i wont be sure if my application can be picked for processing untill next couple of months.By the time the bill passes there will be huge backlog at consulate offices. Also my doubt is that if any changes comes to effect by the bill then do I need to resend my application ?

Thanks,
Sbhusan
sbhusan is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 4:57 am
  #4  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Hi

Originally Posted by sbhusan
Thanks PMM for your reply. Waiting for the bill going to increase the backlog again.I'v sent my application last month under SW with 76 points and i wont be sure if my application can be picked for processing untill next couple of months.By the time the bill passes there will be huge backlog at consulate offices. Also my doubt is that if any changes comes to effect by the bill then do I need to resend my application ?

Thanks,
Sbhusan
No, if the bill and the regulations (unknown as yet) state that the priority is for hop pickers and banana planters, then CHC will go through the applications and start to process those jobs. If you skill/trade is not in demand, then the application will be returned at the end of the year, and you would have to apply again the next year. These are guesses, but I think that is how it will work.
PMM is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 8:40 am
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 179
sprucemoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Are London doing this too?
sprucemoose is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 10:14 am
  #6  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Hi

Originally Posted by sprucemoose
Are London doing this too?
Should be every office, though some may send out an AOR, but they won't process applications received after the 27th (not much hope of that anyway) until the bill is passed or defeated. If passed, they will have to wait for instructions.
PMM is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 12:24 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 79
sbhusan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

If CEC comes into effect before the bill passed can I pull my application back from Buffalo and reapply under CEC ?
sbhusan is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 1:23 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 179
sprucemoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Originally Posted by PMM
Should be every office, though some may send out an AOR, but they won't process applications received after the 27th (not much hope of that anyway) until the bill is passed or defeated. If passed, they will have to wait for instructions.
Oh dear. I wish they'd hurry up, in that case.
sprucemoose is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 1:57 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 224
ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

For newbies to this bill, can someone explain what affect this may have to applications for PR with Provincial nomination to someone already working in Canada on a TWP? Are they rejecting applications where the applicant has certain jobs?

Thanks
ScottDrummer is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 3:47 pm
  #10  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

It won't affect PR applications with PNP or with Arranged Employment.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old May 28th 2008, 4:10 pm
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Whistler, BC
Posts: 224
ScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to allScottDrummer is a name known to all
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Thanks Andrew.
ScottDrummer is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 7:35 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 179
sprucemoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It won't affect PR applications with PNP or with Arranged Employment.
I'm having a rubbish day, and that has cheered me up quite considerably. Thanks for the clarification.
sprucemoose is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 11:34 am
  #13  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 18
aussymack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

What if your job/ noc code is on the occupations under pressure list? will those applications move forward?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It won't affect PR applications with PNP or with Arranged Employment.
aussymack is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:02 pm
  #14  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

It is the idea behind changes.
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old May 29th 2008, 12:16 pm
  #15  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 18
aussymack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does it mean Buffalo stoped PR processing post 27th Feb applications

I have applied with the noc code 0632 accomodation service managers...heres hoping i hear from them soon.
Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It is the idea behind changes.
aussymack is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.