Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

does knowing the name of officer who took interview help ?

Wikiposts

does knowing the name of officer who took interview help ?

Old Nov 12th 2004, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

sam5099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default does knowing the name of officer who took interview help ?

friends and experts ,

i asked my friend how lives in L.A to the embassy to enquire on my behalf by going there.they told him background checks might be going on...which is acceptable.....but i am concerned because i have seen cases right in this forum where people waited until medicals got expired and then they had to wait further because the embassy didnt inform them that something was missing inthe first place !

somebody there told him that if i had written down the name of the CIC officer who took my PR interview in los angeles and personally drafted a letter to him/her then that would have been more effective.....rather than sending them general faxes endlessly telling them that..... ""my interview was over 9 months ago !! and i havent got my PP request !! and medicals are 10 months old !""

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN KNOW THE NAME OF THE OFFICER WHO TOOK MY INTERVIEW ON A PARTICULAR DAY IN february ,2004 ?
i only know that she was a chinese lady .

OR IS THIS ILLOGICAL TO THINK ABOUT ?? do u know anyone who did this ?
--thanks ....Sam
Old Nov 13th 2004, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

Jassy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: does knowing the name of officer who took interview help ?

Each case is different and you should start thinking positive. Comparing your case to others is not gonna get you any good. It's gonna happen the way it's meant to be. Patients is the key, or so they say.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 2:27 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Background checks can take longer than one year so it is not too surprising that yours is not complete. If you have not changed address and were not asked for any further documents at your interview then there is really nothing for you to do but relax and be patient.

Originally Posted by sam5099
friends and experts ,

i asked my friend how lives in L.A to the embassy to enquire on my behalf by going there.they told him background checks might be going on...which is acceptable.....but i am concerned because i have seen cases right in this forum where people waited until medicals got expired and then they had to wait further because the embassy didnt inform them that something was missing inthe first place !

somebody there told him that if i had written down the name of the CIC officer who took my PR interview in los angeles and personally drafted a letter to him/her then that would have been more effective.....rather than sending them general faxes endlessly telling them that..... ""my interview was over 9 months ago !! and i havent got my PP request !! and medicals are 10 months old !""

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN KNOW THE NAME OF THE OFFICER WHO TOOK MY INTERVIEW ON A PARTICULAR DAY IN february ,2004 ?
i only know that she was a chinese lady .

OR IS THIS ILLOGICAL TO THINK ABOUT ?? do u know anyone who did this ?
--thanks ....Sam
Old Nov 13th 2004, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim,

Is it a good practice to check your status by ordering CAIPS notes and see if CIC has received all the docs you have sent? That way you can be proactive and may not have to wait for 8-9 months before CIC informs about misplaced/missing documents.

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Background checks can take longer than one year so it is not too surprising that yours is not complete. If you have not changed address and were not asked for any further documents at your interview then there is really nothing for you to do but relax and be patient.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 5:48 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vetal
Jim,

Is it a good practice to check your status by ordering CAIPS notes and see if CIC has received all the docs you have sent? That way you can be proactive and may not have to wait for 8-9 months before CIC informs about misplaced/missing documents.
The best practice is to send documents by courier or registered post so that you can ascertain that they were received OK. It also enables you to write later and show that the requested documents were received. Keep copies of everything you sent too for the same purpose.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim,

Thanks for the tips. Is it possible that CIC may misplace some of the documents we send (although rare, but a couple of posts on this newsgroup suggest that). As a former visa officer in your opinion, what are our options to reduce the time before CIC sends us notifications that they have not received certain documents those we may think that CIC is reviewing?

The best practice is to send documents by courier or registered post so that you can ascertain that they were received OK. It also enables you to write later and show that the requested documents were received. Keep copies of everything you sent too for the same purpose.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 10:46 pm

Make sure your file number is on everything along with your name. Documents lost in a visa office is a rare occurence and not one that you can really get around. Getting your CAIPS notes might not even show that to you.

Originally Posted by vetal
Jim,

Thanks for the tips. Is it possible that CIC may misplace some of the documents we send (although rare, but a couple of posts on this newsgroup suggest that). As a former visa officer in your opinion, what are our options to reduce the time before CIC sends us notifications that they have not received certain documents those we may think that CIC is reviewing?
Old Nov 17th 2004, 5:45 am
Just Joined

sam5099 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi JIM,
thanks for your input ....how can it be that people who applied under old rules havent got their PP requests as yet WHEN i see tens of applicants who applied FROM BUFFALO after us i.e in late 2002 and in 2003 have got their processing over with ??

is it not very unfair on the part of CIC to be doing this to us ?? how come people who applied earlier cant be processes earlier ?? i am not from a high risk country and i lived straight for 25 years in my home country and 4 years in the USA...no criminal records that will come out in the background checks.....in fact, a guy who did interview on the same day as me in LA got the PP request in AUGUST itself...his case details and country etc...everything matches with mine and he got it !! .

i am in the US since early 2001....i am single,skilled worker... i applied in buffalo in DEC 2001 ,case transferred to LA ,i even did IELTS and TEF exams..did MEDS on Jan 22, PR interview at LA on FEB 23,2004..sent clearances and ROLF by march 15th.
sent faxes and letters to them many times too.no replies..e-client still says interview is scheduled !!
OR IS THE L.A EMBASSY SLOWER IN EFFICEINCY THAN BUFFALO ??

--thanks a bunch....SAM ..eagerly waiting for your reply.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by sam5099
hi JIM,
thanks for your input ....how can it be that people who applied under old rules havent got their PP requests as yet WHEN i see tens of applicants who applied FROM BUFFALO after us i.e in late 2002 and in 2003 have got their processing over with ??

is it not very unfair on the part of CIC to be doing this to us ?? how come people who applied earlier cant be processes earlier ?? i am not from a high risk country and i lived straight for 25 years in my home country and 4 years in the USA...no criminal records that will come out in the background checks.....in fact, a guy who did interview on the same day as me in LA got the PP request in AUGUST itself...his case details and country etc...everything matches with mine and he got it !! .

i am in the US since early 2001....i am single,skilled worker... i applied in buffalo in DEC 2001 ,case transferred to LA ,i even did IELTS and TEF exams..did MEDS on Jan 22, PR interview at LA on FEB 23,2004..sent clearances and ROLF by march 15th.
sent faxes and letters to them many times too.no replies..e-client still says interview is scheduled !!
OR IS THE L.A EMBASSY SLOWER IN EFFICEINCY THAN BUFFALO ??

--thanks a bunch....SAM ..eagerly waiting for your reply.
Processing of certain cases was held up by an appeal as to what Act would apply. This took some time and other cases not affected by the ruling were processed in their stead. There was nothing deliberate about it, just an unintended consequence. You cannot compare cases as you seem to want to do because some are CSQ cases that have been processed by the QIS before handing them to the feds to complete. For those you only hear the federal processing time. Also, person with confirmed job offers would be processed more quickly. The range of processing times mirrors the range of different kinds of situations of each applicant.