Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does Hrdc approval takes 10 months?

Wikiposts

Does Hrdc approval takes 10 months?

Old Oct 11th 2004, 7:26 am
Just Joined

rhythm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does Hrdc approval takes 10 months?

Hey Folks,

I got my job offer in the end of 2003 and my hrdc application was made by a Canadian employment agency on january 2004. As it is clearly seen it has been almost 10 months. I am calling my representatives but everytime I receive the usual answer" We still have not received a response from HRSDC about your case."

Why do I feel like I am ripped off???

Anybody have an idea?

Last edited by rhythm; Oct 11th 2004 at 10:54 am.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:10 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Hrdc approval takes 10 months?

Hi

Originally Posted by rhythm
Hey Folks,

I got my job offer in the end of 2003 and my hrdc application was made by a Canadian employment agency on january 2004. As it is clearly seen it has been almost 10 months. I am calling my representatives but everytime I receive the usual answer" We still have not received a response from HRSDC about your case."

Why do I feel like I am ripped of???

Anybody have an idea?
Probably because the response would be in 3/5 weeks in most cases.

PMM
Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:22 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Something is not right here.

First of all - an employment agency cannot file for HRSDC approval - it has to be the employer who files the application.

Second - it never takes that long, maximum is 4 to 6 weeks in HRSDC.

If you paid to some online based "employment agency" selling "arranged employment job offers" (or to your representative selling the same) then you were ripped off, like hundreds (if not thousands) before you.

Could you tell us what "employment agency" you used?

Hey Folks,

Why do I feel like I am ripped of???

Anybody have an idea?
Old Oct 11th 2004, 9:38 am
Just Joined

It is Canada Job Network. You can check the web site on www.workincanada.ca

I need an expert advice before I go sue them :scared:

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Something is not right here.

First of all - an employment agency cannot file for HRSDC approval - it has to be the employer who files the application.

Second - it never takes that long, maximum is 4 to 6 weeks in HRSDC.

If you paid to some online based "employment agency" selling "arranged employment job offers" (or to your representative selling the same) then you were ripped off, like hundreds (if not thousands) before you.

Could you tell us what "employment agency" you used?
Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:07 am

I have no idea what quality of service they provide as they quite recently appeared on the Internet trying to cash in on fear they spread on their website claiming that "90% of applicants will have to get approved job offer to qualify for immigration" - it is a one big lie as majority of applicants qualifying so far are doing it without any job offers. More than 90% of my clients get approved without job offer. I hear same statistics from many of other immigration practitioners.

But one thing is sure here - there is no way HRSDC would take 10 months to approve or disapprove job offer. You've been ripped off.

Read the contract you have with them again and see if you can sue them - better get a lawyer if fee you paid is high.

It is Canada Job Network. You can check the web site on www.workincanada.ca

I need an expert advice before I go sue them :scared:
Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:26 am
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Does Hrdc approval takes 10 months?

Thanks for your help Mr. Miller

but is there any way to check and see if I have an application pending at HRSDC?

I heard only employers can check the application status but any other way???

I have no idea what quality of service they provide as they quite recently appeared on the Internet trying to cash in on fear they spread on their website claiming that "90% of applicants will have to get approved job offer to qualify for immigration" - it is a one big lie as majority of applicants qualifying so far are doing it without any job offers. More than 90% of my clients get approved without job offer. I hear same statistics from many of other immigration practitioners.

But one thing is sure here - there is no way HRSDC would take 10 months to approve or disapprove job offer. You've been ripped off.

Read the contract you have with them again and see if you can sue them - better get a lawyer if fee you paid is high.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:41 am

Why won't you ask the employer if they filed application with HRSDC and when if yes?

If you don't even know the employer's name then it just adds to the assumption that you've been ripped off.

Thanks for your help Mr. Miller

but is there any way to check and see if I have an application pending at HRSDC?

I heard only employers can check the application status but any other way???
Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Lightbulb Re: Does Hrdc approval takes 10 months?

I know the employer but never tried to get in contact with them.

Good idea. Thanks a lot..

Why won't you ask the employer if they filed application with HRSDC and when if yes?

If you don't even know the employer's name then it just adds to the assumption that you've been ripped off.
Old Oct 11th 2004, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

I hope you did'nt pay any money to them to get HRDC approval. If they are real employers then they should'nt ask their employee to pay for their workpermit/job offer (just does'nt make any sense to me). Employers always pay all legal fees and your air ticket.
If you have already paid some money then try to get receipts and other info. If they have'nt filed your case yet then try to get some refund. Dont offend them, just give them some excuse like ' Its a family problem and You have changed your mind or something like that".

I know the employer but never tried to get in contact with them.

Good idea. Thanks a lot..
Old Oct 11th 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road

I am in the same boat, with same agency...I have actually received a copy of the application submitted to the employer (it looks reliable), contacted personally the employer (good impression as well) and signed the contract with them in their office...result: I have been waiting since April...
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

So what do they say about the delay? Last time Hrdc was moving their offices. Looks like an excuse..

Originally Posted by cryout
I am in the same boat, with same agency...I have actually received a copy of the application submitted to the employer (it looks reliable), contacted personally the employer (good impression as well) and signed the contract with them in their office...result: I have been waiting since April...
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:25 am

Simply impossible not to get answer from HRSDC since April. Employer must be part of the scam to some degree too.

Originally Posted by cryout
Old Oct 12th 2004, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

gvr123 is a jewel in the roughgvr123 is a jewel in the roughgvr123 is a jewel in the roughgvr123 is a jewel in the roughgvr123 is a jewel in the rough

I know lot of people says andrew always gives negative answer etc .but he is right about ripping of money.He is right on again

my only question is , how many posts one has to read before one stop paying for the F****** job.Come on guys never ever pay money for jobs or employer services.

If you are good ,they will pay for all the stuff.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

pizzaboy is an unknown quantity at this point

There is nothing wrong with paying a company to help you with job search in Canada as far as I see it. I am a Canadian citizen and did used job search agencies in the past to help me out. Sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

However, if that company garantee you a job or money-back, you can be sure you will never see your money back!....It is already hard enough for Canadians living in Canada to get a job...so image people outside the country... If you hire a company to help you with job researches in Canada, ask them if they garantee you will get a job. If they say "yes", you can be sure it's a scam....

I completed the whole application procedure on workincanada.ca and got a long reply with a contract. They charge over $10,000 to get you a job!!! And they garantee it!! I was informed by an Attorney with whom I do a lot of business that one of his client hired workincanada.ca, received a "job offer" from a Canadian employer, but never received the HRSDC validation nor spoke to the employer...!!

Each time he asked for for the HRSDC.... delays, delays, moving, etc, and finally opps, rejected. Really, they probably never had a job offer in first place. If you want my advise, try to get you money-back.... but most likely you won't! If they refuse, sue them!

Originally Posted by gvr123
I know lot of people says andrew always gives negative answer etc .but he is right about ripping of money.He is right on again

my only question is , how many posts one has to read before one stop paying for the F****** job.Come on guys never ever pay money for jobs or employer services.

If you are good ,they will pay for all the stuff.