Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does having a family relative in Canada help with your immigration case

Does having a family relative in Canada help with your immigration case

Old Sep 7th 2015, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Farmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond reputeFarmboy1892 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does having a family relative in Canada help with your immigration case

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question.
I have started out on the immigration process and will be the main applicant over and above my wife. This is simply because I went and gained all the qualifications etc related to my field of work and then got the experience.
She was a stay at home mum and raised our 3 kids whilst also managing to operate a small catering business. She has an uncle who currently lives in Canada in the province which we would like to move to. Does this helps us in anyway with our move or not??

Regards

Farmboy.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does having a family relative in Canada help with your immigration case

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Hi Folks,

Just a quick question.
I have started out on the immigration process and will be the main applicant over and above my wife. This is simply because I went and gained all the qualifications etc related to my field of work and then got the experience.
She was a stay at home mum and raised our 3 kids whilst also managing to operate a small catering business. She has an uncle who currently lives in Canada in the province which we would like to move to. Does this helps us in anyway with our move or not??

Regards

Farmboy.
It doesn't help in terms of gaining PR - I'm sure it might help in terms of logistics of moving etc..

Determine your eligibility – Sponsor your eligible relatives

You can sponsor the following close relatives only if they are orphaned, under 18, and do not have a spouse or common law partner:

brothers or sisters,
nephews or nieces, or
grandchildren.
Old Sep 7th 2015, 11:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does having a family relative in Canada help with your immigration case

Originally Posted by Farmboy1892
Hi Folks,

Just a quick question.

Regards

Farmboy.
It might help you, but it depends on the province - there are one or two that would allow an Uncle to sponsor you for PR under the PNP.

If not, then at the very least it will get you extra points under FSW/EE.

HTH.