Does GNVQ & AVCE's count

Old Jan 3rd 2016, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat072 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Does GNVQ & AVCE's count

Hi All,

have seen a few things on this, but not actually the answer I was after. I am looking to send my certificates done by Wes for my ECA and I have the following:

- Intermediate GNVQ in Information Technology
- AVCE in Information Technology (Advanced Vocational Certificate of Education) - 2 Years at college
- Bsc in Information technology (3 years)

my questions is, does anyone know if the AVCE along with my Degree will enable me to select:

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees

on my express entry profile?

I have seen some GNVQ's been sent back on the report as a 'training Program', if this is the case for the AVCE also, can this be counted? as I know this is not shown on the CIC website.

any knowledge of the above would be much appreciated

thanks!

Oli
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 5:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does GNVQ & AVCE's count

Never even heard of an AVCE, is it a professional or educational qualification?

My guess is you'll get points for a degree, but all you can do is send them all off and see what the ECA says. WES had massive processing times last time I checked btw, so you might want to use another agency.

HTH, good luck.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 5:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind, just Googled and I've learnt something new today! Namely that an AVCE is a vocational qualification aimed at 17-19 year olds in place of A levels, which will probably mean you won't get any points for it (vocational qualifications such as NVQ's aren't assessed, and CIC deem A levels to be just part of secondary education).

But if you do get an answer on it do please come back and let us know the outcome so that anybody searching the forum in the future can find it.

Thank you.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 6:36 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Never mind, just Googled and I've learnt something new today! Namely that an AVCE is a vocational qualification aimed at 17-19 year olds in place of A levels, which will probably mean you won't get any points for it (vocational qualifications such as NVQ's aren't assessed, and CIC deem A levels to be just part of secondary education).

But if you do get an answer on it do please come back and let us know the outcome so that anybody searching the forum in the future can find it.

Thank you.
Thanks do you know what the current processing times are? One other cheeky questions whilst we are on this subject, has anyone ever heard how CIC rate a PGCE? (Post Gradute Certificate of Eduction), the UK teaching post grad course?

WIll give my response once the evaluation has taken place.
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 6:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by olipearce1987
Thanks do you know what the current processing times are? One other cheeky questions whilst we are on this subject, has anyone ever heard how CIC rate a PGCE? (Post Gradute Certificate of Eduction), the UK teaching post grad course?

WIll give my response once the evaluation has taken place.
I would assume a PCGE would count as a diploma as its educational, but could be wrong.

Processing times for???
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 7:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I would assume a PCGE would count as a diploma as its educational, but could be wrong.

Processing times for???
sorry, WES
Old Jan 3rd 2016, 7:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by olipearce1987
sorry, WES
Ah, ok. It should tell you on the WES website, but it's something like 4 weeks iirc.

HTH.