Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does being asked to pay the RPRF mean that you are almost there or...?

Does being asked to pay the RPRF mean that you are almost there or...?

Old Mar 25th 2008, 6:42 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future
Default Does being asked to pay the RPRF mean that you are almost there or...?

Hello everyone, and yes... I have one more question... I am sorry but this forum is kind of addictive

We were asked to get medicals done and to also send our RPRF at the same time (we did so)... we were also asked to send one more important document to CIC (we are working on it)...

My question is:

Does being asked to send the RPRF mean that you would most likely get approved (considering that we would eventually send the last piece of paper required by CIC) or it has no meaning at all?

Please give me your opinion... thanks a lot!
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:20 am
From here to....somewhere

manchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nicemanchestergirl is just really nice
Default Re: Does being asked to pay the RPRF mean that you are almost there or...?

Hi Yalily,

That's standard it seems to ask for the RPRF at the same time (unless you had already paid when you submitted your original application).
If you have no medical conditions, and know that your medicals are fine, then I would say that is a thumbs up, but I would wait until they ask for your passports, then you definitely know you are home and dry.

Cheers and good luck.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: Does being asked to pay the RPRF mean that you are almost there or...?

Originally Posted by Yalily
Hello everyone, and yes... I have one more question... I am sorry but this forum is kind of addictive

We were asked to get medicals done and to also send our RPRF at the same time (we did so)... we were also asked to send one more important document to CIC (we are working on it)...

My question is:

Does being asked to send the RPRF mean that you would most likely get approved (considering that we would eventually send the last piece of paper required by CIC) or it has no meaning at all?

Please give me your opinion... thanks a lot!
hi,

In my opinion, getting the medical request by itself means that you are most likely approved depending on your background check and medical results.

regs
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

garvard will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
hi,

In my opinion, getting the medical request by itself means that you are most likely approved depending on your background check and medical results.

regs
Does it mean that CIC provide checking of your/our background after medical request or they do this before?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 9:01 am
Lily

Yalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant futureYalily has a brilliant future

Thanks to all for your replies... keep them coming!

Garvard, I am not sure about that aspect of the process myself... I posted a question about it on another post before becuase I did not understand why is it now when CIC does the background checks and not before since (in my case) we sent our police reports with our initial application

I am still a bit puzzled by what it is exactly CIC does at this point with police reports... I was wondering if it is now when they first take a look at them or what? But anyways... I will continue to wait until I can finally send CIC my last piece of paper (hopefully soon) and then I guess I will get to know the meaning of paying for RPRF

thanks!

Last edited by Yalily; Mar 25th 2008 at 9:03 am.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Originally Posted by garvard
Does it mean that CIC provide checking of your/our background after medical request or they do this before?
I am not sure exactly but i think they start security and background check before they send you medical requests. but the results of these checks may come -sometime soon and sometimes a long time - after the medical requests depending on a lot of factors.

these comments are ofcourse what i have infered, and i may be wrong.

regs
Old Mar 25th 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

garvard will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
I am not sure exactly but i think they start security and background check before they send you medical requests. but the results of these checks may come -sometime soon and sometimes a long time - after the medical requests depending on a lot of factors.
these comments are ofcourse what i have infered, and i may be wrong.
regs
Is it known: who provide background checking: CIC in Ottawa or Canadian Embassy in your residence country?
Old Mar 25th 2008, 11:10 pm
Lily

I applied at CIC London