Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know the answer to this??

Wikiposts

Does anyone know the answer to this??

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:01 am
Just Joined

LiSaStEvE is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Does anyone know the answer to this??

Hi everyone, this is a question I have asked Immigration, and the adoption services in Halifax and no-body is quite sure of the answer.....
I was born in Scotland (my mother is Scottish and so is my step-father), my step-father had lived in Halifax from the age of 18 but returned to Scotland every year to ask my mother to marry him (which she declined until I was 7 years old), my mum and I then went to Halifax to live and remained there until I was 15 years old (when my mum got too homesick and moved us all back to Scotland) - however, in that time my step father adopted me (in Halifax) and on my birth certificate it now says that I was adopted in Canada. At that time, I had to be adopted by both my step father AND my birth mother... (strange I know!) My question is, do I have any legal rights to live back in Halifax?? Thanks.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 1:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know the answer to this??

Originally Posted by LiSaStEvE
Hi everyone, this is a question I have asked Immigration, and the adoption services in Halifax and no-body is quite sure of the answer.....
I was born in Scotland (my mother is Scottish and so is my step-father), my step-father had lived in Halifax from the age of 18 but returned to Scotland every year to ask my mother to marry him (which she declined until I was 7 years old), my mum and I then went to Halifax to live and remained there until I was 15 years old (when my mum got too homesick and moved us all back to Scotland) - however, in that time my step father adopted me (in Halifax) and on my birth certificate it now says that I was adopted in Canada. At that time, I had to be adopted by both my step father AND my birth mother... (strange I know!) My question is, do I have any legal rights to live back in Halifax?? Thanks.

Is your adoptive father a Canadian citizen?