Does anyone know???

Old Apr 8th 2009, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

dee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the rough
Default Does anyone know???

My husband is a canadian citizen I am a US citizen.....Our applicatin is in the PR process right now.. IF we wait till we get passport requests... ARE we aloud to just book round trip flights and go stay with him...cancel returns and then send the passports in (cause obviously need passports to fly there) Just send in address change so they mail passports back to his address where we will be so we dont have to then wait for passport returns to ME in us then book flights..cause we are legally aloud to stay in canada for 6 months.. is this a route we are aloud to take???? cause we would book trip for a month from land to return so that when we cancel we will already have passports there and papers and then just go to an immigraiton office..is this even possible???? or do we HAVE to wait and turn passports in and then wait for them back before being able to move????
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:06 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know???

If I have understood your question correctly - yes you can go to Canada and wait there for your passport request. Be sure and let the visa office know a reliable address where you can receive their correspondence.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

dee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the roughdee999 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Does anyone know???

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If I have understood your question correctly - yes you can go to Canada and wait there for your passport request. Be sure and let the visa office know a reliable address where you can receive their correspondence.
My question is and im sorry if it was confusing....woudl i be able to AFTER receieving passport request fly to where he is bring my stuff stay with him then mail the passports in AFTER that cause ineed them to fly there...and then send with them his address for there return and when i get them then go to an immigration office there? so it wouldnt be before passport request it would be after receiving..but going instead of waiting until passports come back to book flights ect...