DOES ANYBODY KNOW.... STAT DEC?

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 5:49 am
Just Joined

tom and jerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DOES ANYBODY KNOW.... STAT DEC?

Hi

Out of frustration...... I am writing this. Does anybody know if on a Statutory Declaration, can there be any mention of what contact arrangements are between parents. Basically, my ex husband has agreed to sign a stat dec agreeing for children to live in Canada. But........ he has asked me for written contact arrangements that can be signed and "binding". I have an awful feeling that we will end up having to go to court to get a specific issue order. Doing this would blow our plans out of the water, as we are going out to Canada on WP and need to be out there November. Really getting stressed now!:curse:
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:36 am
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all
Default Re: DOES ANYBODY KNOW.... STAT DEC?

I think u have seen some of the posts about how i/we got the Specific Issue Order.

It did not take long. Applied at start of July and hearing was on Tuesay just gone - so only 6 weeks from start to finish. Cost was £175.00 and the order clearly states that ex and court give permission for children to go to Canada and also clearly states what the contact arrangements are.

We offered my ex a list of contact arrangements as shown below

1. Return flights for child till 18 and 4 weeks holiday each year.

2. Web cam, microphone and internet access till 18 ( although it would be till she left home )

3. Full access to her via internet, phone etc...

4. Extra holidays if he came over to canada and wanted to spend time with her - even during school time etc as she could stay with him and go to school from him etc...

5. We make sure she is fully covered medical wise

6. We would keep him informed if we take her out of canada for holiday etc,,, and if she was with him on 4 week annual holiday he could take her abroad etc so long as telling us.

7. If she decided she wanted to return to her father in uk we would support her and also if she decided she did not want to go.

8 If anything happened to me and she was under 18 she could decide herself who she wanted to live with ( ie return to her biological father - or stay with Geraint - her dad )

All in all it was very straight forward and if you can offer a good package that shows you are being upfront and honest and you intend to promote the relationship between children and absent parent the courts should look at yr application with a favourable decission.

There was also a CAFCASS officer there she spoke to the children and told the court she was happy that it was what the children wanted and she thought the contact arrangements were very good.

If i can help more - just PM me

Dawn
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

tom and jerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DOES ANYBODY KNOW.... STAT DEC?

Hi

I have PM'd you.