Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does anybody know if this is true?

Does anybody know if this is true?

Old Nov 1st 2005, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

nirakar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anybody know if this is true?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Employment reference letters must provide the following:

- period of employment
- position
- duties performed
- hours per week worked
- salary

Business card of person signing reference letter must be attached and information provided will be verified.

So, now take your verifiable reference letters and add up your employment periods and don't forget to convert part times to full time equivalent.

If you cannot do such simple thing yourself then I have strong doubts about your ability to prepare a conclusive application package without professional assistance of authorized immigration practitioner.
Mr. Miller,

Thank you so much for your time and help. I am sorry that I did not show much confident on calculating my work experience. I did not want to make mistake. Sometimes I asked every little detail even though I know the big picture of it. I spent my whole day in this forum and after these many conversations with you and others; I decided to claim one year of full-time work and rest of the work part-time and convert it to full-time equivalent from the total hours I have for each year. So, I will have over 4 years of full-time equivalent work and that was what I was planning on claiming from the very beginning.

I am sending my application before November 15th. I have everything I need except work experience part. By the way, I am sending my application to Quebec process instead of federal process. I hope Quebec calculates the work experience the same way as the federal does.

Have a wonderful time. You are awesome.

Nirakar

Last edited by nirakar; Nov 1st 2005 at 4:23 pm.