Does anybody know....

Old Mar 12th 2007, 11:46 pm
Just Joined

fredbear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anybody know....

How many people actually wait this side of the pond for PR ? We are going over on a permit and hope to instigate the PNP but is this now common practise?

I don't think I could stand the waiting time and I think popple who do deserve a huge slap on the back.

Is the long processing time swaying people to go over and apply from there?

I suppose to know the answer you would have had to of been around for a long time and seen the trends.

Are there any statistics I could look at?
Kerry
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

donwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant futuredonwauchope has a brilliant future
Default Re: Does anybody know....

I am new enough to this forum so cannot offer an opinion on your question. We had decided to get the PR before going as we thought that with the skilled worker class and the permenant job offer that London could process it in the 6 months that they state on the website. This is not happening and thus we have subsequently submiited the TWP application.

Hats off to all those who do wait the many years to get their applications through . I would not be patient enough. Even waiting for the TWP is killing me.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kerry

We couldnt wait the 4 years for PR so went of hol and hubby found a job and got WP - he is over there now working and living the dream whilst I wait to sell house

Gaynor
x
Old Mar 13th 2007, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Canadian companies are actually advertising over here for staff in some "sought after" professions. Then you can go to Canada on a WP and if you then apply for PR enclosing pay slips and letter from your Canadian employer your PR application will be processed in 6 months rather than the four year wait. We are lucky enough to be able to follow this route but if your job doesn't happen to be one of those on "the list" at the moment, then you don't have any choice but to wait and in some ways that just shows how determined you are to move if you are prepared to wait so long.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa_W
Canadian companies are actually advertising over here for staff in some "sought after" professions. Then you can go to Canada on a WP and if you then apply for PR enclosing pay slips and letter from your Canadian employer your PR application will be processed in 6 months rather than the four year wait. We are lucky enough to be able to follow this route but if your job doesn't happen to be one of those on "the list" at the moment, then you don't have any choice but to wait and in some ways that just shows how determined you are to move if you are prepared to wait so long.

Where have you seen these adverts? What jobs are'sought after'? The only one I have seen is for HGV drivers.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Civil/structural engineering institution magazines. Apparently one in the recent copy for structural engineers in Alberta. (My husband got his job from advert in these magazines last autumn)
Old Mar 13th 2007, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

High numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond reputeHigh numbers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lisa_W
Civil/structural engineering institution magazines. Apparently one in the recent copy for structural engineers in Alberta. (My husband got his job from advert in these magazines last autumn)
Thanks! Not my field.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:07 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fredbear
How many people actually wait this side of the pond for PR ? We are going over on a permit and hope to instigate the PNP but is this now common practise?

I don't think I could stand the waiting time and I think popple who do deserve a huge slap on the back.

Is the long processing time swaying people to go over and apply from there?

I suppose to know the answer you would have had to of been around for a long time and seen the trends.

Are there any statistics I could look at?
Kerry
Do you have a job to go to?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

fredbear is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes hubby has a job, we have had a positive LMO so are waiting for the house to sell, I just couldn't image waiting for 4 years !

I wondered if the trend had changed due to colossal waiting times.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 1:41 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

We have gone down PNP route and PR takes so much less time. Like you, we couldn't wait 4 years and it would have been the wrong time then to go for our children due to their ages.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by fredbear
Yes hubby has a job, we have had a positive LMO so are waiting for the house to sell, I just couldn't image waiting for 4 years !

I wondered if the trend had changed due to colossal waiting times.
I wonder if the estate agent put "waiting to go to canada" in the small print.
i too have got a job to go to, positive LMO, wp application in the post and the house still on the market
We are meant to be out there by the 4th June. I'm sure the estate agents sre taking a back hander from this gov to block our escape
At this rate we could still be here in 4 years