Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Documents for processing Work Permit Application, CHC London

Documents for processing Work Permit Application, CHC London

Old Jul 19th 2005, 6:58 am

g_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud ofg_is_for_canada has much to be proud of
Default Documents for processing Work Permit Application, CHC London

Hi,

I hope someone can help here. I now have HRSDC positive opinion and am ready to apply for a work permit. I'm confused about which supporting documents are required and/or the requirements:

The following are going together:

Me (of course)
My wife
2 daughters

I have the document checklist (IMM 5488). There are some vague requirements

Proof of identity - I have passports for all of us. Do I have to enclose these with the application? I'm a little unhappy about letting them out of my site. Someone mentioned that certified copies are accepted but I'd rather take originals if there's any doubt about this, plus copies will add a further delay plus additional cost. If I enclose passports I'd like to know I'd get these back securely. What's your experiences?

Proof of funds - Do they actually require this as I've got a salaried job? If so how much do they consider enough for a family of 4, how can this be proven? Presumably bank statements but there's no obvious guidance on what constitutes a reasonable amount. Does the money have to be in a current account or is a savings account ok?

Proof of meeting requirements of the job - I was going to include the job description and my CV and a copy (is a copy ok?) of my university education certificate. On the HRSDC application the employer listed College Level Diploma/Certificate. Is this sufficient or overkill?

Is the "File" box on the Work Permit Application Form intended to have the HRSDC system file number included in there, or to be left blank. It doesn't say leave it blank, but isn't a numbered box so presumably not filled out by the applicant?

Realising that there's many questions here, I appreciate your urgent help as I'd like to hand deliver the documents tomorrow, and avoid any unnecessary delay as my start date is now mid August (less than 4 weeks).

Thanks in advance

Paul