Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Documents needed for processing WP at border.

Documents needed for processing WP at border.

Old Apr 3rd 2014, 4:22 am
Just Joined

matty84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documents needed for processing WP at border.

I am planing on going to get my Work Permit this weekend. I am in Alberta so will go down to Montana and then back probably in the same day. I have had a look but cant seem to find a definitive list of documents I need to have with me to process the Work Permit. I have the following:

1) Approval of Work Permit letter (for working holiday visa)
2) Insurance covering the duration of the work permit.
3) Bank statement of proof of funds in the UK.
4) £1000/$1700 cash in addition to the bank statement.

Is ther anything else I would need or does anyone know where I can findout the required docs to take for ALBERTA?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documents needed for processing WP at border.

Originally Posted by matty84
I am planing on going to get my Work Permit this weekend. I am in Alberta so will go down to Montana and then back probably in the same day. I have had a look but cant seem to find a definitive list of documents I need to have with me to process the Work Permit. I have the following:

1) Approval of Work Permit letter (for working holiday visa)
2) Insurance covering the duration of the work permit.
3) Bank statement of proof of funds in the UK.
4) £1000/$1700 cash in addition to the bank statement.

Is ther anything else I would need or does anyone know where I can findout the required docs to take for ALBERTA?

Thanks in advance.
You have everything needed.
Old Apr 3rd 2014, 5:07 am
Just Joined

matty84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Documents needed for processing WP at border.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You have everything needed.
Thanks so much for that. Its a load off my mind.