Wikiposts

documents at interview

Old Dec 5th 2004, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Jax1111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default documents at interview

Hello again folks,
I'm a bit confused with regards to the interview letter I received. It states that I should quote my file number on any document I submit. Is this neccessary? I mean, I really don't want to write anything on my original university degrees, and in my passport. Furthermore, other legal docs( like my registration certificates) get invalidated if I write on them. Has anybody encountered a simillar problem or had their documents refused because of not writing their file number on them? Also, I am assuming they wil return my documents to me after the interview. Is that correct?
Thanks.
Jax
Old Dec 5th 2004, 3:14 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: documents at interview

Hi Jax

Originally Posted by Jax1111
Hello again folks,
I'm a bit confused with regards to the interview letter I received. It states that I should quote my file number on any document I submit. Is this neccessary? I mean, I really don't want to write anything on my original university degrees, and in my passport. Furthermore, other legal docs( like my registration certificates) get invalidated if I write on them. Has anybody encountered a simillar problem or had their documents refused because of not writing their file number on them? Also, I am assuming they wil return my documents to me after the interview. Is that correct?
Thanks.
Jax
Check what originals they want, in most cases CHC wants certified copies of documents. They don't want your degree, they want your marks in a sealed university envelope. All copies should have your file number on them.

PMM
Old Dec 5th 2004, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Hi PMM
Thank you for your reply. I don't mind providing certified copies at the interview, but the letter specifically states that I should bring originals with me, and that any document I submit should have my file number... Furthermore, they state they want originals of all degrees and certificates, and my passport, and employment letters at the interview. Hence the confusion/ dilema. What if I take my originals, as well as certified copies, and then submit only the certified copies (with file numbers)? I can then show them the originals if they want to see them.
Regards,
Jax

[
QUOTE=PMM]Hi Jax

Check what originals they want, in most cases CHC wants certified copies of documents. They don't want your degree, they want your marks in a sealed university envelope. All copies should have your file number on them.

PMM[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 5th 2004, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

didik will become famous soon enough

You should be more creative (borrow from Mr. Miller's vocab). write on a post-it paper and attach it to your original doc, or write on a piece of paper and paper-clipped it.

Originals or not is depend on which visa office that handle your case. READ (can not emphasized more) instruction of your visa office.

didik

Hi PMM
Thank you for your reply. I don't mind providing certified copies at the interview, but the letter specifically states that I should bring originals with me, and that any document I submit should have my file number... Furthermore, they state they want originals of all degrees and certificates, and my passport, and employment letters at the interview. Hence the confusion/ dilema. What if I take my originals, as well as certified copies, and then submit only the certified copies (with file numbers)? I can then show them the originals if they want to see them.
Regards,
Jax

[
QUOTE=PMM]Hi Jax

PMM
[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 5th 2004, 4:41 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

The letter is talking about two completely different sets of documents - those you need to bring to interview for verification and those which you may want to submit and include in your file. So, bring all originals and in addition make copies of any document from among those originals that has not yet been submitted with your application or after. And the copies you are wishing to submit or been requested to submit should be with your file number. Originals you bring to show during the interview obviously don't need to have any file number on them. The difference is between words "submit" and "bring".

Hi PMM
Regards,
Jax

[
QUOTE=PMM]Hi Jax

PMM
[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 5th 2004, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

Thanks didik
Now that is a novel solution... should have thought of that.
Originals are required.. the interview is at LA and the generic letter they sent states originals for all docs. I do hope they'll return everything after the interview hehe
Thanks again.
Jax
Originally Posted by didik
You should be more creative (borrow from Mr. Miller's vocab). write on a post-it paper and attach it to your original doc, or write on a piece of paper and paper-clipped it.

Originals or not is depend on which visa office that handle your case. READ (can not emphasized more) instruction of your visa office.

didik
[/QUOTE]
Old Dec 5th 2004, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Dear Mr. Miller,
Thank you for the clarification
Appreciate all the help.
Jax

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
The letter is talking about two completely different sets of documents - those you need to bring to interview for verification and those which you may want to submit and include in your file. So, bring all originals and in addition make copies of any document from among those originals that has not yet been submitted with your application or after. And the copies you are wishing to submit or been requested to submit should be with your file number. Originals you bring to show during the interview obviously don't need to have any file number on them. The difference is between words "submit" and "bring".

[/QUOTE]