Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which documents do I need to send?, experts help!!!

Which documents do I need to send?, experts help!!!

Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Minerva101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Which documents do I need to send?, experts help!!!

Hi

I would appreciate very much any expert answer to the following:

My application for PR is pending at CIC Buffalo. I am currently living in Montreal with a work permit. (I am a Quebec Applicant). I am pregnant and due in two weeks, so my baby will be canadian. I suposse I have to inform CIC about the change in family composition, but does anybody know what documents do I have to send for the new baby?. It is necesary to fill new forms?.

My last question: my interview was waived last august, but I have not gone for medicals because of my preganacy (I will do it once the baby is born), but I guess my background/security check has started already. Am I rigth?. I am originally from Cuba, but I have lived also in Denmark for 4 years and 1 1/2 years here in Canada?. Does anybody have any idea how long my checking can last?.

Thanks a lot!!!

MINI
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:11 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which documents do I need to send?, experts help!!!

You don't need to send any documents for the baby as she or he will be a Canadian. Simply advise Buffalo about the fact after baby is born and do your medicals. I hope that you already notified Buffalo thst you are expecting and that medicals will be done after baby is born - if you haven't done it yet then do it ASAP, before your case is closed due to lack of medicals received within required time.

Originally Posted by Minerva
Hi

I would appreciate very much any expert answer to the following:

My application for PR is pending at CIC Buffalo. I am currently living in Montreal with a work permit. (I am a Quebec Applicant). I am pregnant and due in two weeks, so my baby will be canadian. I suposse I have to inform CIC about the change in family composition, but does anybody know what documents do I have to send for the new baby?. It is necesary to fill new forms?.

My last question: my interview was waived last august, but I have not gone for medicals because of my preganacy (I will do it once the baby is born), but I guess my background/security check has started already. Am I rigth?. I am originally from Cuba, but I have lived also in Denmark for 4 years and 1 1/2 years here in Canada?. Does anybody have any idea how long my checking can last?.

Thanks a lot!!!

MINI
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Minerva101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Which documents do I need to send?, experts help!!!

Thanks Mr Miller for your reply. I did notify Buffalo about the delay on the medicals.

Do you have any experience with cuban nationals and background/security check?. Do you have an estimate of how long the waiting can be?

Thanks a lot once more

Minerva
Old Nov 5th 2004, 3:53 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Which documents do I need to send?, experts help!!!

It varies - for some it is just several months, for others over a year.

Originally Posted by Minerva
Thanks Mr Miller for your reply. I did notify Buffalo about the delay on the medicals.

Do you have any experience with cuban nationals and background/security check?. Do you have an estimate of how long the waiting can be?

Thanks a lot once more

Minerva