Documents - Confused !!!

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

alanjhill will become famous soon enoughalanjhill will become famous soon enough
Default Documents - Confused !!!

We're trying to get all of our documents together and the more information we read, the more we get confused.

We're dealing with the London, UK office and our 120 Day letter requested;

IMM0008
IMM0008 Schedule 1
IMM5406
IMM5476
IMM0008 Schedule 3

However, the Instruction Guide - EG7 - mentions in the 'Gather Documents' section;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
What documents are required?

Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5612) to assist you in gathering the necessary documentation for submitting your application to the Centralized Intake Office CIO, which is located in Sydney, Nova Scotia,Canada.

Note: Only the documents in this checklist should be submitted to the CIO. If your application is recommended for processing at a Visa Office, you will be required to submit a copy of your application to that office with a complete set of documents described in the Visa Office specific requirements.

Am I right in saying though, we are submitting our application to the UK Visa Office, so we use the guide IMM7023?

So we don't actually send anything to the CIO ?

And we only need to complete one application and send one set of documents/forms?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Last edited by alanjhill; Jun 22nd 2009 at 9:10 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

susieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant futuresusieh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Documents - Confused !!!

We're also getting our documents together at the moment and I agree, the website's a bit confusing. Ignore the bit about sending documents to Nova Scotia. New applicants have to send everything there before being referred to London, but if you applied a couple of years ago, like us, just send all your documents to the High Commission in London.

I'm not sure about IMM 7023. I don't know if those notes apply to new applicants and old applicants, as some of the info conflicts with what's in the letter. I've been using them as a reference point, but for example, there's no mention in the letter of having documents notarised, whereas in IMM 7023 it says you have to. Not sure what to do there really!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

alanjhill will become famous soon enoughalanjhill will become famous soon enough

I guess, as we don't have to send documents to Nova Scotia, but sending to London Visa Office, we should be going with those instructions.

The notarize thing is a real PITA.

I've found a local Notary by searching for 'Notaries' on yell.com.

I have made enquiries and they have replied saying;

I have recently assisted another client intending to emigrate to Canada. He was advised that I needed to certify each document as a copy of the original...this was fine for household bills etc. For fees it is a matter of how long it takes...I charge £195 per hour (nil VAT) with a minimum chage of £50 in all cases. I have to retain copies of all documents, and a Notarial Record of each transaction. I do meet the clients so they can provide photograhic ID and proof of current address eg by utility bill etc... I can then deal with the paperwork for collection.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

ellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by alanjhill
We're trying to get all of our documents together and the more information we read, the more we get confused.

We're dealing with the London, UK office and our 120 Day letter requested;

IMM0008
IMM0008 Schedule 1
IMM5406
IMM5476
IMM0008 Schedule 3

However, the Instruction Guide - EG7 - mentions in the 'Gather Documents' section;

What documents are required?

Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5612) to assist you in gathering the necessary documentation for submitting your application to the Centralized Intake Office CIO, which is located in Sydney, Nova Scotia,Canada.

Note: Only the documents in this checklist should be submitted to the CIO. If your application is recommended for processing at a Visa Office, you will be required to submit a copy of your application to that office with a complete set of documents described in the Visa Office specific requirements.

Am I right in saying though, we are submitting our application to the UK Visa Office, so we use the guide IMM7023?

So we don't actually send anything to the CIO ?

And we only need to complete one application and send one set of documents/forms?

Thanks in advance.

Alan
Hi Alan.

We sent our documents off yesterday after much mulling over things the weekend just gone. We have an August deadline as part of the 90-day letter

We filled out all the forms you have mentioned, the only optional one was the 5476 which we had to fill in because we were previously represented by 4-corners. We put the photos on the relevant ones, signed and sent off with our docs.

However, instead of just sending updated docs for the past 2 years we have resent everything from our case file.

Thats what we've gone with, let us know if you hear anything concrete that lets you know otherwise.

Best of luck,
Ellejay
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

zippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant futurezippadydoda has a brilliant future

I guess, as we don't have to send documents to Nova Scotia, but sending to London Visa Office, we should be going with those instructions.

The notarize thing is a real PITA.

I've found a local Notary by searching for 'Notaries' on yell.com.

I have made enquiries and they have replied saying;

I have recently assisted another client intending to emigrate to Canada. He was advised that I needed to certify each document as a copy of the original...this was fine for household bills etc. For fees it is a matter of how long it takes...I charge £195 per hour (nil VAT) with a minimum chage of £50 in all cases. I have to retain copies of all documents, and a Notarial Record of each transaction. I do meet the clients so they can provide photograhic ID and proof of current address eg by utility bill etc... I can then deal with the paperwork for collection.
There Have been threads on this forum recently about notorised copies. A number of peolpe said they did not send notorised copies of anything and it was acceptable.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info...I have seen some of the threads but there seem to be an even split between people who did get them notarized and those who didn't.

IMM37023 clearly states;

Gather documents as listed. Check (􀀻) each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your documents (a paper clip will do).

Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals unless
otherwise stated.

Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals.

Should I just ignore that?

There must be a definitive answer somewhere.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:34 am
Just Joined

Stu2803 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same question re the notarised copies. I am gathering everything for a mid August 120 deadline and am confused by what exactly needs notarised and how timely and costly getting that done is. If I go on a day to I come away on the same day with everything completed?
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:36 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info...I have seen some of the threads but there seem to be an even split between people who did get them notarized and those who didn't.

IMM37023 clearly states;

Gather documents as listed. Check (􀀻) each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your documents (a paper clip will do).

Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals unless
otherwise stated.

Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals.

Should I just ignore that?

There must be a definitive answer somewhere.
Oops....should have bolded this line;

Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:39 am
Just Joined

ok Alan, cheers. Will get everything done then as per your strapline.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stu2803
I have the same question re the notarised copies. I am gathering everything for a mid August 120 deadline and am confused by what exactly needs notarised and how timely and costly getting that done is. If I go on a day to I come away on the same day with everything completed?
Well, it could be costly at £195 per hour and obviously depends on how many documents you have.

You can copy the documents yourself and provide the original and a copy for notarizing.

Actually...it might also be worth getting two copies made as the notarizer has to keep a copy too.

At least then you're not paying for the copying to be done.

I'll do some more research and update if I find anything.

Last edited by alanjhill; Jun 23rd 2009 at 8:42 am. Reason: Added extra information.
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:52 am
Just Joined

cheers Alan. Its the old British procrastination thing coming home to roost so I have enough to get sorted without the notarisation being a complication. Getting the house valued tomorow and the personal wealth statement sorted. Where my original employment contracts are....now that will be turning the garage upside down!
Old Jun 23rd 2009, 8:56 pm
Just Joined

I've just been back through documents I downloaded when we sent in our Simplified Application and E37023 states;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gather documents as listed. Check (􀀻) each item on the checklist and attach it to your documents (a paper clip will do). Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals unless instructed otherwise.

The police certificates must be originals.

If your documents are not in English or French, send a certified translation with a photocopy of the originals.

However, the copy I recently downloaded states;

Gather documents as listed. Check (􀀻) each item on the checklist and attach the checklist to your documents (a paper clip will do). Place all documents in a sealed envelope

Do not send originals unless otherwise stated. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the police certificates, which must be originals.

If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a copy of the originals.

Spot the difference?

So this has definitely changed over time.

120 day letter just requests copies. No mention of notarized copies.

120 day letter doesn't refer us to E37023 either...so who knows what the right thing to do is.

I've contacted CHC for clarification but probably won't get an answer in time.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future

Hi

We had all our documents certified at the local solicitors and all they asked for was a donation to charity, I think they got used to me as I seemed to be there on and off for a few weeks!!

We did get a statement of employment done as well as my husband and I are self employed and for that we had to read an oath to him and then sign it in his presence.

All worth doing properly as it looks the part in the application.

Might be worth trying your solicitors to see if they will do the same. On our paperwork from the immigration lawyers we are using they said certified copies were to be sent.

Hope this helps in some way!!

Best wishes
Old Jun 24th 2009, 7:10 am
Hello.

oicur0t is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting copies done by a notary public is not necessary and costly. The notes clearly state that a commissioner of oaths is acceptable, which is £5 per copy, no more. Some people have not done this and been fine. We didn't take the chance.
Old Jun 25th 2009, 3:11 am
Just Joined

Please see my new posting for an answer to this.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616789

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.