Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Documents checklist- applying for PR under BC PNP

Documents checklist- applying for PR under BC PNP

Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:24 am
Just Joined

marrie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documents checklist- applying for PR under BC PNP

Hi,

I am about to send my PR application with the following documents. Please let me know if I have to add any more documents.
  • PNP approval letter
  • Marriage certificate
  • Baby birth Certificate
  • Job Offer letter
  • PCC from 1 country(Waiting for PCC from second country as I lived in 2 different countries since I turned 18)
And the required filled in forms from PR application package.

Do I have to attach any proof of funds statement? It is not in the Check list though. I arrived here on a Guranteed job offer, so do they really ask for proof of funds?

I am attaching a letter to say that I am waiting for PCC from other country.
I read some where on this forum that CIC will give 90 days, if they require PCC or any other documents.

Advise please.
Thanks
Marrie
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:41 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documents checklist- applying for PR under BC PNP

where do you apply to?

the visa office specific instructions (you find the links here ) make it quite clear. at least the buffalo version has three columns, one for regular skilled workers, one for pnps and one for people going to quebec - you find a checkbox in the pnp-column if you need to submit the according proof / document.

i'm quite sure that i didn't need to prove my funds during the whole pr application process (bcpnp skilled occupation stream, a year ago).

hope that helps.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

marrie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for answering Lof,

I am submitting my application to Buffalo. Can you please PM me how long it took to get your PR?

Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2008, 4:55 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marrie
Thanks for answering Lof,

I am submitting my application to Buffalo. Can you please PM me how long it took to get your PR?

Thanks
If lof doesn't consider it to be a state secret, it would help many other people to know the answer to that question.
x
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:53 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

In average it takes in Buffalo 5 to 8 months to process PR application under PNP. But there is always 15% to 20% of applicants who experience processing times few to several months longer. Applicants with more complex background/security check may experience timelines a year or so longer.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:01 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
If lof doesn't consider it to be a state secret, it would help many other people to know the answer to that question.
x
judy? what happened to you lately? how did i deserve that "nice" statement???
no, i don't carry a big dsplay poster with my timeline around (aka having it in my signature like some (!) other people) and i have reasons for that. but i find your accusing me of secretiveness just not fair.
i'm really really sorry, but i have a job and a life - and therefore i don't spend 24/7 online and answer to threads hardly immediately...
in addition did and do i contribute to the pnp timeline thread and if i'm not mistaken post #30 there tells details about my timeline.

anyway... here it is again:
(disclaimer: i'm european but not a british citizen, and i've been working on vancouver island since november 2005 with a restricted, only 18 months valid and not extendable work permit under a young workers exchange program)

applied for bcpnp: february 06, 2007
aor bcpnp dated: february 13, 2007 (in the mail february 19, 2007)
pnp approved: february 16, 2007 (got confirmation letter on february 28, 2007) *
pr-application including the necessary translations of my documents, all police checks and all fees mailed to buffalo: march 03, 2007
new wp (applied in person at cic seattle) issued: march 20, 2007
aor cic buffalo dated: march 16, 2007 (recieved march 27, 2007)
file transfer to seattle: march 30, 2007
interview waiver / medical request: april 25, 2007
medicals done: june 05, 2007
additional medical tests done: june 23, 2007
passport requested: september 06, 2007 (ppr recieved september 13th)
passport stamping (in person in seattle): september 18, 2007
landed in victoria bc: september 19, 2007 **

makes 225 days (about seven and a half month) from applying for pnp to landing or 200 days from applying for pr to landing.
and since we are already here: i guess it could have been about a month faster hadn't i been in europe for the whole month of may 2007 for a vacation and to tie up all the loose ends.

* note that less than two weeks for pnp approval is the exeption and not the rule - bcpnp talks about 5 to 8 weeks processing time, and i think it heavily depends on their work load and how complete the application is.
and before some people here have another go at me: i guess there will still be the occasional longer timeline for bcpnp as well. but i'm quite confident that this 5 to 8 weeks from submission of a complete application in the skilled occupation stream are more or less accurate since they introduced the new process in october 2006...

** according to the cic rules, stated on the lettre i got with the copr, i would have been eligible to land at the nearest cic office in canada. that just didn't make sense since i was passing an official port of entry on my way home anyway. but it would have been an option to consider if i had sent my passport by fedex / mail.

Last edited by lof; Feb 26th 2008 at 2:04 pm.