Documents back after landing

Old Aug 29th 2005, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about
Default Documents back after landing

Hi,

When we sent in our application for PR, we submitted originals of all our work references etc as requested at the time (the application notes stated they had to be originals, not notarised). The one my husband had from when he was in the military cannot be replaced and it said so on the reference.

So, I was a bit cheeky. I e-mailed the CHC and asked if, now that we have been processed, was there any chance we could have it back? I explained that we cannot get a duplicate. Well shock horror, I got a reply to my e-mail. They said they had dug out the documents and were returning them to us by recorded delivery. This set me wondering what they were returning as it implied more than one.

The package turned up, lo and behold they have sent back all employer references for both of us for the last 10 years, all the payslips and all our bank statements. They have sent back all the documents, where they requested, we had to send the originals.

So, if you had as much trouble as us getting all the info together and you want them back, be a bit cheeky and ask!

Louise
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:57 pm
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Documents back after landing

That is great to know! It is great when things work out! Sometimes you just have to ask I guess

Originally Posted by Colsgirl
Hi,

When we sent in our application for PR, we submitted originals of all our work references etc as requested at the time (the application notes stated they had to be originals, not notarised). The one my husband had from when he was in the military cannot be replaced and it said so on the reference.

So, I was a bit cheeky. I e-mailed the CHC and asked if, now that we have been processed, was there any chance we could have it back? I explained that we cannot get a duplicate. Well shock horror, I got a reply to my e-mail. They said they had dug out the documents and were returning them to us by recorded delivery. This set me wondering what they were returning as it implied more than one.

The package turned up, lo and behold they have sent back all employer references for both of us for the last 10 years, all the payslips and all our bank statements. They have sent back all the documents, where they requested, we had to send the originals.

So, if you had as much trouble as us getting all the info together and you want them back, be a bit cheeky and ask!

Louise