documentation required at poe

Old Jul 16th 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

susie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura aboutsusie q has a spectacular aura about
Default documentation required at poe

hi im sure this has been on before. im flying to calgary on the 3rd august on twp what documentation do i need with me . i seem to remenber mrs miggins doing her husbands documents
many thanks susie q
Old Jul 16th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: documentation required at poe

Originally Posted by susie q
hi im sure this has been on before. im flying to calgary on the 3rd august on twp what documentation do i need with me . i seem to remenber mrs miggins doing her husbands documents
many thanks susie q
Well, your passport, and another IDs, well your question is vague so answerig it properly is hard.. but

I think you need documentation and IDs you normally take when you travel across boaders...

clarify your question well.

good luck
Old Sep 18th 2008, 3:55 am
Just Joined

leslee1946 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we've been told that if you're applying for a TWP at POE that we may also need a 'letter of invitation' from OH brother in Toronto. I take it this is to confirm that they are inviting us to stay with them until our own accomodation is sorted.
Has anyone else heard of this?
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:21 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leslee1946
Hi, we've been told that if you're applying for a TWP at POE that we may also need a 'letter of invitation' from OH brother in Toronto. I take it this is to confirm that they are inviting us to stay with them until our own accomodation is sorted.
Has anyone else heard of this?
Never heard of that before.

The person who told you that may be confusing the entry requirements for different categories of people. For example, my niece asked me to send her a letter of invitation earlier this year when she and her husband wanted to do a recce trip to Canada. But they are South African citizens, they need temporary residence visas (TRVs) just to visit Canada, and providing a letter of invitation from someone in Canada is one of the kinds of documentation that Citizenship and Immigration Canada considers acceptable for that purpose.

But British citizens do not need TRVs to enter Canada.

Besides that, there are thousands of people who apply for temporary work permits at Canadian ports of entry every year. I'm sure the vast majority of them do not have relatives with whom they can stay when they initially arrive in Canada. So a rule like that doesn't make sense to me. I'm not saying that CIC is a sensible organization. I've seen them doing some crazy stuff. But even they are not that illogical.
x