British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Documentation not received back (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/documentation-not-received-back-773711/)

januarymix Oct 5th 2012 1:53 pm

Documentation not received back

hi guys, I went for the FSW July 2012 as some of you may know, but I have not received any of the documentation back.

It's October and I am starting to worry a bit because I would like to resubmit next year.

I have written to CIC but no response for a long time, is it possible that they can just ignore me and never return the docs?

I sent many originals, I do not know what to do.

I also tried to call once but the guy said he could not tell me other than that as a general rule they intend to return it to applicants.

Thanks,
floatz

Geordie Lass Oct 5th 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Documentation not received back

If you have an application in process why do you want to submit a new one? :huh:

:)

christmasoompa Oct 5th 2012 5:15 pm

An application isn't always returned, that's why CIC only ask for originals of things you can easily get another copy of, i.e. police certs. What originals did you send?

mandymoochops Oct 5th 2012 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass (Post 10315429)
If you have an application in process why do you want to submit a new one? :huh:

Maybe it went in and then the rules changed so the op has to reapply in January?

januarymix Oct 5th 2012 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass (Post 10315429)

They put the FSW on hold, so the application is a defunct one.

When I called the call center, they said all of them would be returned "after review" but I am not sure why they would even review them since they weren't even processing.

It's very frustrating.

januarymix Oct 5th 2012 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 10315509)
An application isn't always returned, that's why CIC only ask for originals of things you can easily get another copy of, i.e. police certs. What originals did you send?

The IELTS, references - mainly things of that nature. I would have to pay for IELTS copies, etc and some work references I could not get back.

Anyway, merci c.

januarymix Oct 5th 2012 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by mandymoochops (Post 10315545)
Maybe it went in and then the rules changed so the op has to reapply in January?

You got it...

PMM Oct 6th 2012 12:48 am

Hi

Originally Posted by floatsy (Post 10315618)
The IELTS, references - mainly things of that nature. I would have to pay for IELTS copies, etc and some work references I could not get back.

Anyway, merci c.

You may wish to read the checklist at the top of page 2

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5612E.pdf

christmasoompa Oct 6th 2012 7:45 am

Originally Posted by floatsy (Post 10315618)

Anyway, merci c.

You wouldn't have to submit the original IELTs again (it tells you on the checklist what to do if your IELTs isn't returned). Unfortunately, your references didn't need to be originals, but too late now.

It's not very likely you'll get your docs back, so you might want to start gathering again in the hope that you'll still be eligible in Jan.

Good luck.

januarymix Oct 7th 2012 9:35 am

Thanks, christmasoompa & PMM

adele Oct 7th 2012 6:09 pm

The only original docs I got back were my TEF certificates.