Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Documentation needed to get Travel Document

Documentation needed to get Travel Document

Old Aug 25th 2010, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

andycuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documentation needed to get Travel Document

My Brother, who has Permanent Resident Status in Canada and has been physically present in there for more than 2 of the last five years, would like to travel to the UK next month for an important family event however he has a problem with his documentation.

He has lost his Record of Landing / Confirmation of Permanent Residence and his Permanent Resident Card has expired. His application to get a copy of/renew these documents is currently being processed but will not be available in time.

If he did come to the UK I believe he would need to obtain a Permanent Resident Travel Document from the UK Canadian Visa Office to be able to return to Canada without any hassle from the Airline/IMO.

Since he will not have his Record of Landing / Confirmation of Permanent Residence and Expired Permanent resident card he could only provide financial documents (Bank Statements, Mortgage Statement etc) and his Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment Forms to support his application as per the Travel Document application checklist. He also has a Canadian Driving License which he could provide.

He would obviously also have his British Passport.

Can anyone give any indication if they think the documents specified above would be sufficient for an application for a Travel Document to be successful?

As I see it a travel document can be for people who have lost their PR card and/or other documents whilst outside Canada so given the fact he can provide some documentation the process would just be a formality.

Thanks in advance.