Documentation for Highly Skilled

Old Apr 19th 2010, 11:51 am
Just Joined

PetaT is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Documentation for Highly Skilled

Hello,

I'm living in Canada currently, and qualify for the highly skilled as my job is in the short list, and also I've been working here for 18 months. I see that once the application has been recommended for processing that you need to be able to send notarized copies of employment contracts and letters of reference, for all jobs in the last 10 years. Also they need to be stamped with the company seal apparently and include a business card from the person signing off. Cripes!

Anyone know how lenient they are on this, if at all? Do you need to include jobs from years ago that were just short term (eg sales associate jobs for 6 months while traveling etc) or are they more worried about your most recent roles that are relevant to the application? Two of the companies I have worked for are no longer in existence so how does that work?

I'm Australian so I guess there might be differences, just thought i'd see if anyone knew!

Any info appreciated! Thanks!
Old Apr 19th 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Documentation for Highly Skilled

They are not known for their leniency. However, if you just explain that the companies are no longer in existence that should suffice and send any documentary evidence of your attempts to get the info.

We were a bit 'aaah!' at the amount of detail required from the companies, but all came up trumps. We gave them a copy of CHC's requirements of them and they did it to the letter.