Documentary evidence

Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:32 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 41
Nikie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documentary evidence

I am just wondering on the amount and types of evidence I should provide with my application for common-law sponsorship.

I am including:

photos (15 or so), rental agreements, council tax statements, water bills, joint bank accounts, evidence of taking flights together,

what else could/should i include??
Nikie is offline  
Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:53 am
  #2  
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,984
Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Documentary evidence

There is no "magic checklist" or "one size fits all" here - all is case and circumstances specific. Things you listed are just bare minimum and without evaluationg the case it is impossible to tell you what else will be needed.


Originally Posted by Nikie
I am just wondering on the amount and types of evidence I should provide with my application for common-law sponsorship.

I am including:

photos (15 or so), rental agreements, council tax statements, water bills, joint bank accounts, evidence of taking flights together,

what else could/should i include??
Andrew Miller is offline  
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:40 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 366
proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all
Default Re: Documentary evidence

Originally Posted by Nikie
I am just wondering on the amount and types of evidence I should provide with my application for common-law sponsorship.

I am including:

photos (15 or so), rental agreements, council tax statements, water bills, joint bank accounts, evidence of taking flights together,

what else could/should i include??
I just gave in rental agreements, a council tax bill, a joint account statement and a car insurance certificate (with both our names on) most of which were at least 12 months old. It seemed to work for the Delegation of Quebec. Not sure if this exists in the UK, but we also signed a document at our local town hall (France) saying that we are in effect living as common-law partners.
proo is offline  
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:27 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 41
Nikie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Documentary evidence

Originally Posted by proo
I just gave in rental agreements, a council tax bill, a joint account statement and a car insurance certificate (with both our names on) most of which were at least 12 months old. It seemed to work for the Delegation of Quebec. Not sure if this exists in the UK, but we also signed a document at our local town hall (France) saying that we are in effect living as common-law partners.
I also plan to provide phone bills showing telephone calls between Canada and the UK, emails that we have sent to each other, car hire refund going into joint account,

any other ideas.....

is there a similar common-law document we can sign in the UK?? It seems not on my web investigations......
Nikie is offline  
Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:48 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 203
kki6 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Documentary evidence

Originally Posted by Nikie
I also plan to provide phone bills showing telephone calls between Canada and the UK, emails that we have sent to each other, car hire refund going into joint account,

any other ideas.....

is there a similar common-law document we can sign in the UK?? It seems not on my web investigations......
Nikie

I'm afraid there is no common document you can sign in the UK. And as Andrew has rightly every case is different. However, you seem to have provided quite a good base of evidence. Apart from the joint account do you have joint investments? I also remember including proof of my common partner being the sole beneficiary to my pensions. Other documents such as emails and letters might also be helpful.

My advice is provide as much evidence as you possibly can

Hope this is helpful

Regards
kki6 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.