Documentary evidence

Old Jul 5th 2005, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Nikie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Documentary evidence

I am just wondering on the amount and types of evidence I should provide with my application for common-law sponsorship.

I am including:

photos (15 or so), rental agreements, council tax statements, water bills, joint bank accounts, evidence of taking flights together,

what else could/should i include??
Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:53 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Documentary evidence

There is no "magic checklist" or "one size fits all" here - all is case and circumstances specific. Things you listed are just bare minimum and without evaluationg the case it is impossible to tell you what else will be needed.

Originally Posted by Nikie
I am just wondering on the amount and types of evidence I should provide with my application for common-law sponsorship.

I am including:

photos (15 or so), rental agreements, council tax statements, water bills, joint bank accounts, evidence of taking flights together,

Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

I am including:

I just gave in rental agreements, a council tax bill, a joint account statement and a car insurance certificate (with both our names on) most of which were at least 12 months old. It seemed to work for the Delegation of Quebec. Not sure if this exists in the UK, but we also signed a document at our local town hall (France) saying that we are in effect living as common-law partners.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Nikie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by proo
I just gave in rental agreements, a council tax bill, a joint account statement and a car insurance certificate (with both our names on) most of which were at least 12 months old. It seemed to work for the Delegation of Quebec. Not sure if this exists in the UK, but we also signed a document at our local town hall (France) saying that we are in effect living as common-law partners.
I also plan to provide phone bills showing telephone calls between Canada and the UK, emails that we have sent to each other, car hire refund going into joint account,

any other ideas.....

is there a similar common-law document we can sign in the UK?? It seems not on my web investigations......
Old Jul 5th 2005, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

I also plan to provide phone bills showing telephone calls between Canada and the UK, emails that we have sent to each other, car hire refund going into joint account,

any other ideas.....

is there a similar common-law document we can sign in the UK?? It seems not on my web investigations......
Nikie

I'm afraid there is no common document you can sign in the UK. And as Andrew has rightly every case is different. However, you seem to have provided quite a good base of evidence. Apart from the joint account do you have joint investments? I also remember including proof of my common partner being the sole beneficiary to my pensions. Other documents such as emails and letters might also be helpful.

My advice is provide as much evidence as you possibly can

Hope this is helpful

Regards